Deep Sleep / Hibernation

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by chuckcalo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chuckcalo

robo

Can someone with iPC post the file listing for their Extensions folder?

robo, Feb 26, 2009
  2. chuckcalo

chuckcalo

I got it to "sleep" using SuperHai's VoodooUSBEHCI (www.superhai.com) but it always kernel panics when I wake it up so it's not working.

chuckcalo, Feb 26, 2009
  3. chuckcalo

chuckcalo

I joined the iPC bandwagon and got it to work. Only thing is not working is audio after is waken up.

chuckcalo, Mar 1, 2009
  4. chuckcalo

dingo

I wish I could say the same but I can't seem to get the hibernate to work at all. I have reinstalled iPC 10.5.6 final three times, twice following the guide to the letter. I have an AAO 110 with the SSD swapped for a PATA 1.8" drive - that's the only difference I an think of that might be causing the issue.

Does anyone else have hibernate working with a PATA drive swapped from the original SSD?

AAO110, iPC Final 10.5.6, Voodoo kernel, EFI v9, BIOS 3309, 1.5GB RAM, 30GB 1.8" Disk.

dingo, Mar 1, 2009
  5. chuckcalo

GauntMan

Yes, used a 30GB drive from iPod Classic. Now using a soldered 2,5inch SATA and hibernation is still working.

GauntMan, Mar 1, 2009
  6. chuckcalo

dingo

Thanks Gauntman,

I guess that kills that theory... I wonder where or how my system is different! Would you mine sharing which kernel, power management and audio extensions you have installed? Anything else you have done different from the install guide on the first post? Any light you might be able to shed would be greatly appreciated.

dingo, Mar 1, 2009
  7. chuckcalo

ronime

I got hibernate working using iPC 10.5.6, SmartSleep.prefpane and ClamshellDisplay.kext.

Hibernate works beautifully when I close the lid but I need to remember to use the "-nowake" kernel option at startup if I have done a normal shutdown from the Apple menu otherwise it just hangs on loading the hibernate image.

Is there a way of detecting a normal shutdown (non-hibernate) such that the previous hibernate image can be removed or invalidated before the next boot?

ronime, Mar 1, 2009
  8. chuckcalo

GauntMan

dingo:

I use the exact same setup as ronime but I hava no problem with a normal shutdown. It starts perfectly without the -nowake option and if I hibernate it wakes up in about 6 seconds.

GauntMan, Mar 1, 2009
Ask a Question