Deleting data from Storage Expansion Card

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Toonster, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Toonster

Toonster

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Storage Expansion which came with my Aspire. The system has been "auto-archiving" old files (particularly pictures and videos) which I haven't accessed in a while. If I want to see them again, I have to go to the SD/MMC drive, where they are read only. However, I want to copy these across to my backup external hard drive, and then delete them from the system to free up space. I can copy no problem, but I can't then delete the files as it tells me that they are read only, and won't even give me the option. I don't want to format the drive completely, as it holds other documents which I want to still be able to access on my Aspire, but I want to get rid of the pictures and videos which I have now backed up.

I don't have an external card reader, so taking it out of the Aspire is not an option.

I am still very much a newbie on Linux, so if I need to go through the terminal at all, then step by step instructions would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Toonster, Dec 12, 2010
  2. Toonster

Toonster

Isn't there any way of doing this? Or is my Storage Expansion Card b*ggered for good? :cry:

Toonster, Dec 17, 2010
Ask a Question