Dell Inspiron 15 3530 - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by PartnerswithDad, Jan 31, 2024.

1. PartnerswithDad

PartnerswithDad

My 8-year old laptop (Dell Inspiron) died and I want to replace it. I use the laptop for MS office apps, email, searching the web and (sometimes) streaming. I'm a 75-year old grandmother and not very knowledgeable about electronics. My preference is to have a numbers keypad on the far right of the keyboard but I'm sure I can live without it.

The Dell Inspiron 15 3530 is the laptop most recommended, but I'm concerned about it overheating and other "cons" that have been posted. Does anyone have thoughts (pro or con) or recommendations about other alternatives?

PartnerswithDad, Jan 31, 2024
  2. PartnerswithDad

jekexp

The Dell Inspiron 15 3530 is a solid choice for your needs, offering good performance for everyday tasks like using MS Office, email, web browsing, and streaming. It typically features a numeric keypad, which you prefer. However, concerns about overheating and build quality have been noted by some users. Alternatives worth considering are the Lenovo IdeaPad 3, which is praised for its reliability and user-friendly design, and the HP Pavilion 15, known for its robust performance and comfortable keyboard. Both offer good value and should meet your needs well without the overheating concerns often mentioned with the Inspiron.

jekexp, Jun 25, 2024
Ask a Question