Dell XPS 13 9360 Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by levinejm34, Jan 10, 2018.

1. levinejm34

levinejm34

Hi all - I've had a ton of issues with the wifi connection on my Dell XPS 13. In particular, I cannot get my computer to connect to public wifi (like it won't connect at all, no signal). The difference seems to be that the computer won't connect to any wifi that requires a public confirmation or "accept terms of service" or anything like that. The requisite popup will not appear (so this is an issue on planes and in public spaces like coffee shops). Before that I had problems with DNS errors, which I resolved by changing some numbers in my IP address (I believe). Really need the help. Thanks!

levinejm34, Jan 10, 2018
  2. levinejm34

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Right click on the windows icon bottom left,then choose the network connections
    and look at the settings you have,you may have to alter the setting.

something back, Jan 11, 2018
  3. levinejm34

Ian Administrator

Can you try deleting your network adaptor from device manager, then let it get re-detected? I wonder if this problem is due to the manual changes you made. Removing and re-adding the adaptor should set up the connection from scratch and may help the issue. As it happens, I've got the exact same laptop!

Ian, Jan 11, 2018
  4. levinejm34

Laurence Burke

I also got the same wifi issue but now I solved my issue thanks @Ian for your suggestion its work for me. :)

Laurence Burke, Jan 15, 2018
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question