Deluge and Adding A Menu Icon

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fackinace, Oct 27, 2008.

1. fackinace

fackinace

Hi hopefully you may be able to answer a couple of question about deluge and help me to add an icon in the meni (acer)

Could anybody explain why deluge is so so fast at downloading Bittorrents it so fast it crashes my router so i have to set a limit on it, now using my Vista machine and Bittyrant downloading the same file would take 20 or 30 times longer??

Also im trying to add a menu icon ive done everthing that i can see but i cant change the name of the desktop file at the moment its 'Deluge BitTorrent Client" now adding that to the menu.xml with spaces i think its getting confused ive tried adding %20 for the gaps but still nothing, i have the png file and the desktop file and set the Id as 10 also tried 9 ad 11.

Any clues pls.

Ian

fackinace, Oct 27, 2008
  2. fackinace

rbil

Thunar reads the name from a .desktop file and displays that. It might not be the actual name of the .desktop file. Use terminal and go and look at the real filename of that .desktop file and use that filename in the xml file.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 27, 2008
Ask a Question