Desktop icons etc

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by RPZ, Jun 21, 2009.

1. RPZ

RPZ

I managed, with some help, to get my picture up on the desktop display; now the next puzzle.

How do I get rid of those broad pastel colored bands that surround the icons with the "Connect", "fun", "work" headers?

Also that little "search" bar top right?

RPZ, Jun 21, 2009
  2. RPZ

homeless

yikes! i just lost all my desktop icons whilst trying to convert to customizable desktop. neither left nor right click yield results.

please help!?

homeless, Jun 24, 2009
  3. RPZ

homeless

ah. figured how to add the xfce menu bar by typing the "xfce4-panel" command. just have to toy with it more i suppose, as i mistakenly added non-working grey icons to the tray. sorry.

homeless, Jun 24, 2009
  4. RPZ

RPZ

How EXACTLY do you type the xfce4 panel command? "xfce4 show me the panel"? "xfce4 panel abra kadabra"?

And is that in the "Run program" box you can bring up with the right click menu?

RPZ, Jun 24, 2009
  5. RPZ

homeless

press alt+f2, make sure the field is blank and the "run in terminal" box is checked, type "xfce4-panel", press "run."

homeless, Jun 24, 2009
  6. RPZ

RPZ

OK; when I do that a window, I am assuming the panel, opens for about a quarter of a second then vanishes. Any ideas?

RPZ, Jun 26, 2009
Ask a Question