Diablo 2 and the One?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Bearclaw, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Bearclaw

Bearclaw

I would be very interested of hearing experiences running Diablo 2 on WINE on the One. Is it possible, and if yes, how well does it run? Slowdowns in bigger battle scenes?

Would be much appreciated!

regards,
    bear

Bearclaw, Aug 10, 2008
  2. Bearclaw

Beldar

Why don't you try it yourself? :roll:

Beldar, Aug 10, 2008
  3. Bearclaw

glibdud

glibdud, Aug 12, 2008
  4. Bearclaw

3earnhardt3

Runs just fine, just copy your diablo II folder from your regular pc to a usb drive and use wine. Has small hiccups here and there but overall just fine. Make sure you have the official 1.12 patch so you don't need the cd.

3earnhardt3, Aug 21, 2008
  5. Bearclaw

billy_boy

I can get this (lord of destruction expansion) game running in full screen using direct draw 2d and direct draw 3d options in the diablo2 video test exe. However, when I install the glide-opengl wrapper, as per the instructions on winehq, selecgt 3dfx and try to run it in full screen, the graphics distort. I can hear the game running despite not being able to see a great deal apart from black and white bands across the screen. It will run perfectly using the -w option in a window with decent fps, but I'd prefer it full screen even if the graphics do look stretched.

Any ideas?

I am using a no cd patch, and running it using the -w and -3dfx startup options. I have the (as far as I know) latest graphics drivers from another thread on this forum, but I've tried it with several different drivers including the one that came with linpus out of the box, with the same result. I copied the installation over from openSUSE 11 on my desktop machine, where it runs perfectly using the same configuration. No matter what combination of wine-config, opengl-glide config and switches I use I can't solve this problem.

Cheers for any ideas.

billy_boy, Sep 5, 2008
  6. Bearclaw

3earnhardt3

You do know the latest official patch removes the no-cd requirement, so don't use an unofficial patch that modifies your installation files. Also, I got it to work perfectly by installing it on my Windows PC first and then simple cut and paste of the Diablo II folder to my usb drive. I can run full screen without any graphical glitches with the version of wine in the repository.

3earnhardt3, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question