diablo 2 one the one?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wufpak1983, Aug 25, 2008.

1. wufpak1983

wufpak1983

is there a way to install diblo 2 on the one.
    if so plz explain
    i have the 120 gb windows xp version
    i dont have an external drive so i will need a way to play it without the disk
    thank you in advance

wufpak1983, Aug 25, 2008
  2. wufpak1983

wufpak1983

plz help me i am a noob

wufpak1983, Aug 26, 2008
  3. wufpak1983

jombay

Create images of your discs by using alcohol 120% or a similar program on your desktop. Install a virtual cd drive on your One using again alcohol 120% or a similar program. Transfer the images to your One by memory card or lan, then mount them. You can then install D2 normally. I have it installed on my One and it runs perfectly.

jombay, Aug 26, 2008
  4. wufpak1983

guigz

Concerning playing without cd's,the last diablo update enable to play without the CDs.
    Just check in blizzard support section.
    For the install,the iso thing should work(with daemon tools).
    You can also setup a network and share the cd player of another PC.
    The last thing would be to spend 30euros to buy an external DVD player(I just did it so I can install whatever I want simply)

Mine Is working great.

guigz, Aug 26, 2008
  5. wufpak1983

mwaldron

I dug out my CDs and got it installed yesterday along with LoD expansion. It runs great on the One.

Can you say Lunchtime Clickfest!

mwaldron, Sep 11, 2008
  6. wufpak1983

JohnnyMac

So far all the games I've tried on my AA1 have been installed by simply copying the installed game folders from my main PC right onto the AA1. No need for re-installs. I will add, however, that I use No-CD cracks on all my games because I hate loading and unloading CD-ROMs. Because of this all my games are simply folder copies away from my AA1. :D The other benefit from installing games this way is it keeps my registry clean and running smoothly. No extra BS cluttering it up and making the AA1 run slow. ;)

I have downloaded images that are not burned and for those I simply use Daemon Tools Lite v4.30.1 to mount my images. It's free and works fantastically. Little overhead to run it and you can mount multiple images at the same time and it works with nearly all image file formats.

http://www.disk-tools.com/request?p=b57 ... 1-lite.exe

JohnnyMac, Nov 17, 2008
  7. wufpak1983

Niles

You can download both D2 and LoD (and lots of other Blizzard games) from Blizzard site if you got your cd-keys around. D2LOD download is about couple of GB. Game itself works fine and without need for any discs.

Niles, Nov 18, 2008
  8. wufpak1983

iatetoomuch

if you are familiar with torrents you can download the image (iso) and mount the images
    to a virtual drive using either alcohol or daemon tools. I had to get the upgrade patch from
    blizzard to get it working after the install. Other than that the game only lags when you load
    the map hack and it reveals the entire map of the act. But the game is super playable :lol:

iatetoomuch, Dec 28, 2008
  9. wufpak1983

korre07

you don't have to do any of that.... with the latest patch you can play diablo 2 without the cd if you copy and paste all the images you your hard drive... no alcohol or daemon tools. just read the read me of the patch and follow the instructions

korre07, Dec 30, 2008
  10. wufpak1983

Paisley Pirate

+1 on it working just fine.

I registered on Blizzards purchase site, got my games registered, and then downloaded them onto my AAO.

1 thing to remember, your key will change, so make sure that you use the new one (that is longer) off of the site, not the one on your cd case. At least, that's what mine did... of course, that could also be because I got mine when BattleChest first came out back in like late 2001 or 2002???? a long time ago, no matter how you look at it.

That game has held up surprisingly well. And it plays very nice.

Paisley Pirate, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question