Did Acer send me the correct AAO Recovery and System Discs?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nevets, Mar 3, 2009.

1. nevets

nevets

I requested the recovery discs from Acer since the eRocovery program does not have the option to burn your own. Acer sent me the following two discs:

System Disc, P/N SD S050B AX1
    Recovery Disc, P/N SD S050B AE1

However, there is nothing on the disc labels that indicates that these are specific to the Aspire One. They say "For use only with an Acer PC". I looked at the contents of the discs and most of the files are not "human readable". The System Disc had an Aspire One user guide (USERGUIDE.PDF) in the E:\PATCH\GUIDE\EN directory. So this is encouraging. The Recovery Disc has a RCD.DAT file that references Acer A1000 series.

Can anyone tell me if these are the correct discs for the Aspire One?

TIA - nevets

nevets, Mar 3, 2009
  2. nevets

sailorbear2004

Hi, my recovery disks for my 8.9" acer aspire one, with 120 gig drive and windows xp are

P/N RD.SO50B.AE1 for the recovery disk
    P/N SD.SO50B.AX1 for the system disk

I used these and they worked properly for me. I purchased the recovery disks and they sent me the linpus disk, I called them and they sent these. I replaced my hard drive and used this to reinstall windows xp. I used 3 partitions, 15 gig for windows xp, 13 gig for linux, and 512mg for swap. the rest is a fat 32 partition just for saving stuff. I currently have grub installed and use 2 versions of puppy linux, linux mint(main os) and then xp for some microsoft programs I need.

sailorbear2004, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question