Digipower External Battery on sale at RS

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lloyd123, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lloyd123

lloyd123

I just purchased an Aspire One and was looking for a way to keep it powered for a flight to Italy next week.

Radio Shack has the Digipower EPB-NB60 on sale until 9/2 for $79.99. It's a 4400 mAh battery that has all sorts of connection options such as 19V, 16V and 5V USB. It can be charged by either 120V/60Hz or 240V/50Hz so I can use it in Europe. It has all sorts of adapters as well so I can use with my Dell laptop also or charge my cell phone.

It appears that you can charge it and use it at the same time so I won't need to bring the Acer AC adapter with me.

It's not that big - 1" x 3.25" x 6.5".

lloyd123, Aug 29, 2008
  2. lloyd123

hendjaz

Looks like the Digipower would be very useful. Did you get it at an RS store or order on-line? Have you tried it connected to the One yet and does the One operate normally with the Digipower as its power source?

hendjaz, Aug 29, 2008
  3. lloyd123

lloyd123

I purchased at a Radio Shack store. Their website will list what stores have it in stock.

I connected and ran everything at full power - streaming video on wi-fi - memory stick inserted - full brightness and volume - no power conservation. It lasted about three hours and then the aspire one battery took over for about another two.

This was the first time out so I wanted to completely drain and recharge. BTW, that's what Acer recommends to do for the first time use of the internal aspire one battery to condition it so I would imagine that you'll get better performance with future recharges.

lloyd123, Aug 29, 2008
  4. lloyd123

GreggMarshall

Which power adapter (tip) worked with the Aspire One? Maybe I can back reference it to solve my iGo tip question.

GreggMarshall, Aug 30, 2008
  5. lloyd123

lloyd123

It comes with eight power tips plus a dongle type connector for older Dell CP's.

I can't find any markings on the tips other than the "+" to indicate polarity.

There is a card that's included that references what tips go with which brands but I don't know how to match these up other than comparing the tips.

The card liststhe sizes 4.0x1.7mm, 4.75x1.7mm, 5.5x1.7mm and 5.5x2.1mm as all being used for Acer computers but I can't tell which one I used for the AAO.

lloyd123, Aug 30, 2008
  6. lloyd123

lloyd123

After looking at the supplied tips more closely I think I can match up the adapters with the literature they supplied even without labels on the tips. There seems to be an asending order with regrads to the width of the adapter.

I would say the tip that fits the AAO is 5.5x1.7mm

lloyd123, Aug 30, 2008
  7. lloyd123

ann

I haven't yet received my Aspire One from Amazon, but I checked out the Digipower External Battery at RS. I found it to be large, bulky and heavy. I did not buy it. Is the 6-cell battery less heavy?

ann, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question