disable liveupdate ?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by jdripper, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jdripper

jdripper

Hello everyone,

The Aspire One automatically checks for updates when it detects it's connected to the internet.

How can I disable this behaviour ?

I don't want to remove Liveupdate, I just don't want it checking for update automatically.
    I only want it to check for updates when I launch it manually.
    Any ideas ?

thanks

jdripper, Sep 9, 2008
  2. jdripper

snowwy66

click on your run box in start. type in services.msc. a box will pop up. i have automatic updates disabled. you highlight disable and click apply. then hit the stop button. then you get a warning in your clock about security. scroll down the menu to security center. high disable, click apply, then click stop. shuts the security off and no more updates. i learned on my laptop that only gets used once a month. pissed me off to have to install updates before i could use the thing once a month. and being as my netbook will be using my cell phone to access internet, i want to use the thuing right away, not wait 30 minutes to download and install. cell phone internet isn't as fast as dsl. besides, if it ain't broke. there's nothing to fix. i personally think the updates are a P.O.S. specially the ones that download and make your browser perform as if you were on dial up internet. i do the same procedure with vista but i still have that annoying pop up about my security. haven't figure out how to disable that one yet.

snowwy66, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question