DIY battery pack ideas?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by overthis, Dec 12, 2008.

1. overthis

overthis

I have 6 surplus lithium battery packs that were sitting on the shelf for maybe 3 years. At only $10, I thought they'd be worth a try for my electric bike.

I haven't gotten around to that mod, but I was wondering if there'd be a way to use them to make a bigger battery pack for the AAO. The pack has 12 cells (3.6V, 1.3Ah). Would the best way be to find a matching connector for the battery pins, or would it be possible to just have the power go through the AC jack, assuming that I had an alternative way to charge the batteries?

overthis, Dec 12, 2008
  2. overthis

acer3ie

Hi Overthis,

I have two extrnal battery packs one that goes into the dc jack (ac jack) and the other is a small jump start pack that i use with a car charger for laptops.

In your case I would build 3 13.8 volt packs with them and use a car charger for laptops and find an other way to charge the pack. You will need a specal charger for lithum battery pack.

Have a read at these link ( the links are to asus eeepc user forum. If they have to be removed just say and I will remove them).

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=23315

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=229852

the top link it to a person that use a SLA Seal lead Acic battery

the bottom link is to a person who was going to build a battery pack out of lithium batteries .

Both of my packs are HiMH batteries. they are heavery than lithium batteries.

acer3ie, Dec 18, 2008
Ask a Question