Do you have drivers for Internal Mic?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Raiden, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Raiden

Raiden

Hi Everyone.

I tryed to use the internal mic and it was not working at all.
    Installed the latest drivers from realtek (see other post) and boosted the gain to +20db.
    It seems to work however my voice sounds like a robot and there is alot of noise (actually seems to be comming from noisy fan).

Did you guys made it work?

Thanks!

Raiden, Feb 8, 2009
  2. Raiden

DogEater008

Use the orignal sound driver you downloaded from acer.com

The orignal sound driver actually supports vista and vista 64, so it will work with windows 7 also. You can't install it directly by cicking on the executable file, but go to your device manager and update your sound driver by right click and browse to the orignal sound driver folder. Windows will also automatcially install the realtek sound software. =P

Good LUCK!..

And just for those who have trouble with recording using the internal mic.... you might be using the Microsoft sound default sound driver. It was werid for me since i could use windows' "sound recorder" and record things fine, but when using one note to record my notes for lectures, all i get is static ( F*** now i need to go back and study .. =(... )

DogEater008, Feb 11, 2009
  3. Raiden

Raiden

Thanks but No Luck. It says that I already have the latest version.

After a few tests, I think it might be a network issue. Overall the big issue I have is a choppy msn video/audio on a intranet network. So if the video is choppy also then I don't think it's only the mic.

Thanks!

Raiden, Feb 23, 2009
  4. Raiden

bolero

I find that after installing the Realtek software which makes the microphone work the drain from the battery increases by about 1 W. Which is quite a bit. I had it at around 7/7.5 W, now it's almost always over 8 W. Has anyone else noticed that?
    I disabled it in Sound/Recording. However, it seems the discharge rate didn't go down *and* I cannot reenable it because that tab now says "no audio devices are installed". Isn't that nice of Windows?

bolero, Mar 1, 2009
  5. Raiden

nscreated

Same problems here. I never tested the microphone using Win7's default drivers; I upgraded to the Realtek drivers to fix the "no audio after resume from sleep" issue.

Now I have very static-y audio recording. Very strange. If I tap on the microphone hole, Windows "Recording Devices" registers a bump of sound from the mic. However, when trying to record using Sound Recorder, I get nothing no matter how loud I am. Something's definitely amiss.

nscreated, Apr 16, 2009
Ask a Question