Does Battery Doubler 1.2.1 software work in the AAO?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wjose77, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wjose77

wjose77

Hi, I'm coursing a long class in the University (3 hours long) and my battery doesn't keep my AAO for that long. I've been avoiding to buy the 9 cell battery and trying to find another solution, when I got across a software called Battery Doubler V.1.2.1. Have anyone tried this? does it really work? I don't want to install it in my laptop and have to format the HD.

Please help.

wjose77, Feb 4, 2009
  2. wjose77

jackluo923

Get a 6 cell battery. It last 7 hours on my AAO.

jackluo923, Feb 4, 2009
  3. wjose77

speekergeek

My 6 cell lasts approximately 4 hours with wifi on. I keep reading these reports of 6+ hours and find it hard to believe.

I did not get the acer branded one so it has slightly less mah, but the difference should not be so great.

speekergeek, Feb 5, 2009
  4. wjose77

jeremysdad

While my battery is an Acer original, I have noticed that, while soon after power on my battery is reported to have almost 6 hours of life; As speekergeek pointed out: with wifi on and doing some light word processing I get actual run time of 4.5-5.5 hours, depending on what I am doing. I think people are just going by what the icon tells them, and not doing real-usage tests.

Buying a 6 cell would be my recommendation, it is a nice balance between the bulky 9 and qwik-kill 3 cell varieties.
    I hated the break in period, though. Me:"Is this damned thing ever going to go flat?!?!" :lol:

jeremysdad, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question