Does the aone work without being plugged in?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by blufeenix, Jan 31, 2009.

1. blufeenix

blufeenix

Hi,

1st post so hi to all.
    I got my acer one yesterday and so far i'm quite pleased with it, there is one thing that is baffling me however, according to the power dialog my battery is fully charged but, when I take out the power cable the one turns off? is this a faulty battery, faulty one or some setting I can change?.

Appreciate the help, thanks
    blufeenix

blufeenix, Jan 31, 2009
  2. blufeenix

razta

Id take it back if I was you and ask for another.

razta, Jan 31, 2009
  3. blufeenix

ronaldf

First - Charge the battery for seveal hours.
    Second - disconnect the power adapter from the computer and then turn on the computer. If it doesn't start up, return it it is defective. If it does start without the power adapter, then run the battery down to the "low battery" warning. Shut down the computer and recharge the battery. The battery indicator should turn from amber to green. Do this a couple of times. You should be able to unplug the adapter from the computer with no effect on the computer except for the screen decreasing in brightness.
    Also check to see if the computer will start and run with the battery removed and the computer powered only from the adapter. If it doesn't, if is defective and should be returned. You may have a bad power adapter.

ronaldf, Feb 1, 2009
  4. blufeenix

blufeenix

Thanks for the help, I took it back earlier and they gave me a new battery, everythings fine now.

Cheers
    Blufeenix

blufeenix, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question