Dofus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by eliaballade, Sep 26, 2008.

1. eliaballade

eliaballade

eliaballade, Sep 26, 2008
  2. eliaballade

DragonC

Using Wine? Sure if you want to degrade your experience.

The better option is to simply download the Linux/Mac version, extract into a directory of your choosing and load dofus.html inside Firefox. Instant gaming goodness.

(I've tried comparing the Wine install with the Linux install and you do get a better response rate with the Linux version)

(Tallarasia/Shika Server)

DragonC, Sep 26, 2008
  3. eliaballade

eliaballade

@DragonC
    Many users complain that they have to manage flash permissions to make Dofus works... And sometimes they can't even after doing all the steps...

The wine method works for sure on all linpus distros indipendently from what you have or not messed up with firefox or repositories...
    I've tried the linux and win version and they have the same speed, at least on my AA1 with 1 giga of ram...

eliaballade, Sep 26, 2008
  4. eliaballade

DragonC

I agree. But it's easier to manage the flash permissions than to suffer the downgrade of the game.

When running under Wine the system runs about 20-25% slower than when running natively. I put this down to the fact that the Windows Dofus installed flash player is version 8 and the wine emulation on top.

Dofus do publish how to set the flash security settings in many places on their websites. Such as http://forum.dofus.co.uk/topic.php?lang=en&id=990

DragonC, Sep 29, 2008
  5. eliaballade

fant0mas

Well my biggest grief with running Dofus in Firefox -and thus the reason why I use WINE- is that you cannot really run it in fullscreen mode...

Or rather, I wouldn't know how to...
    If anyone has an idea on how to do that (i.e. getting rid of the adressbar, status bars, etc. temporarily, without totally disabling them, and being able to return to normal mode with a mere press of a button), please post it here ;)

fant0mas, Mar 6, 2009
  6. eliaballade

Rustybolts

f11?

Rustybolts, Mar 11, 2009
  7. eliaballade

Mox

I tried running Dofus in firefox but ran into all kinds of problems so I tried it the WINE way and its running fine.
    Thanks for the How-to

Mox, Mar 12, 2009
Ask a Question