Don't Buy from BatteryMonster

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tsflyer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. tsflyer

tsflyer

BatteryMonster on EBay advertises an Aspire One charger, but does not deliver. The problem with finding a charger seems to be getting the correct 5.5mm OD/1.5mm pin plug. BatteryMonster seemed to have the correct plug and promised so in a pre purchase inquiry. They then twice delivered a charger with a 5.5/2.5 plug. They did refund my purchase, but have not yet refunded my return shipping as promised. Totally irritating and a waste of time :evil:

on a better note, I bought the Brandon charger discussed on other threads and it works fine.

tsflyer, Apr 14, 2009
  2. tsflyer

Rich in ILM

I'm not sure I understand. As far as I know the standard female plug on the end of the power supply should be 5.5/2.5

Isn't the 1.5 mesaurement the male pin on the computer?

I just measured the OEM supply plug and it is 5.5 od and 2.5 id?

Rich in ILM, Apr 15, 2009
  3. tsflyer

JerryP

Not mine, the jack is 5.5mm x 1.5mm. The test prod of my VOM, which is 2mm will not fit into the center hole of the jack, whereas a piece of wire, approximately 1.5mm OD does fit.

JerryP, Apr 17, 2009
  4. tsflyer

Rich in ILM

Seems to be some differences here.
    The test probe on my DVM is as close to 2.0 as I can measure and fits perfectly into the power supply plug.
    That would argue for a 2.5 female OD. Every spec I can find on Acer quotes a 5.5/2.5

Rich in ILM, Apr 18, 2009
  5. tsflyer

I searched for "Brandon Charger" - nothing...
    Can you please direct me to the correct thread / charger?

303, Mar 6, 2010
Ask a Question