Download Linpus recovery CD image?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by melat0nin, Dec 3, 2008.

1. melat0nin

melat0nin

Hi all

My gf is in China but her Linpus recovery disc is here in the UK. I was thinking it would be possible for her to download an image of the recovery disc and burn it to CD and hey presto.

I can't find an image of the recovery CD, however. All I can find is one for the USB sticks which is too large for a CD.

Does anyone know where there is an image on the 'net? (preferably http not bittorrent, to simplify the download at her end).

Any help much appreciated :)

melat0nin, Dec 3, 2008
  2. melat0nin

melat0nin

I see that the disc is actually a DVD.

Is the image that is going around various torrent sites purely for USB sticks, or can it be burned to DVD and used in the normal way?

Basically I want to get my hands on an image of the recovery DVD which comes with the machine. I presume this is perfectly legal because of the GPL etc. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Help appreciated :)

melat0nin, Dec 4, 2008
  3. melat0nin

hpfx

I'm also interested, but where it is ? where did you find it ?
    please help.
    thank you.

hpfx, Dec 7, 2008
  4. melat0nin

dawkins

It's a DVD image indeed. I just uploaded it to rapidshare along with the PDF'd manual. Download, extract the iso with winrar or extract now, burn the iso to a DVD-R and follow the instructions on the PDF. Enjoy.

edit: links no longer active, removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    dawkins, Dec 8, 2008
  5. melat0nin

donec

donec, Dec 20, 2008
  6. melat0nin

mdgo80

Ok , i don't know how to make a rebootable usb withouth a recovery DVD (the one you can burn after downloading the ISO) The issue is that something has to make rebootable your USB the only way i make it work was burning a DVD then putting in the Computer i'm using not the AAO an then restart the Computer and it will show a Menu since where you can make your USB rebootable. After that you put the USB already rebootable on your AAO and voilá

mdgo80, Jan 25, 2009
  7. melat0nin

ndirons

I suspect that the acer Linux Recovery Disk has a linux OS on it and produces a USB in a linux format.

As such you probably can't (easily?) format the USB stick in the linux format and put the linux OS files on it.

The Windows version of UNetbootin could probably be used to produce a similar USB stick in a windows format (FAT32) and load the iso image files.
    End result after a reboot of AOA would be the same.

ndirons, Jan 25, 2009
  8. melat0nin

mdgo80

I tried the Unebootin and it sent me to hell when i try a restore...

mdgo80, Jan 25, 2009
  9. melat0nin

ndirons

Did you try the Win or the Linux version? The UNebootin site says Win is more reliable.

ndirons, Jan 25, 2009
  10. melat0nin

Zorofroozo

if you really own a acer aspire one, you may download my recovery disk. it's linpus lite linux for the acer aspire one v1.0.9B
    Thi in combination with macles guide gets you a bootable usbstick. (the image needs to be iso;) )
    edit: links no longer active, removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    Zorofroozo, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question