driver help with d250-please

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by acerhelper, Feb 12, 2011.

1. acerhelper

acerhelper

I was able to reinstall XP on the wife's netbook with USB flash drive ,but am having trouble with drivers -i try to load wireless drivers but it can't find the wifi card.Also I have question marks in DEVICE MANGER(see below) that I don't know what drivers I need.--The netbook is an Acer Aspire One D250-1165. Any and all help will be appreciated

? other devices

? network controller
    ? sm bus controller
    ? video controller
    ? video controller(vga compatible)

acerhelper, Feb 12, 2011
  2. acerhelper

Swarvey Moderator

So you didn't see the global topic AAO Drivers - Look here first?

You'll need:
    Chipset Drivers
    Audio Drivers
    Either Broadcom or FoxConn Bluetooth drivers
    Card Reader drivers
    SATA Drivers
    Either ALPS or Synaptics Touchpad drivers
    VGA drivers
    Either Atheros, Broadcom or Intel Wireless drivers
    Dritek LaunchManager
    3G Modem drivers if your machine has a 3G modem
    Either Chicony, Lite-On or Suyin Webcam drivers

All above links are direct links to Acer.com downloads. In future please read the forum rules and any applicable global messages.

Topic Locked.

Swarvey, Feb 12, 2011
  3. acerhelper

Swarvey Moderator

As per your PM, I've unlocked the thread.
    So you have the drivers downloaded, installing them shouldn't be a problem. Installing the chipset should be your first port of call, but if you're getting reboot loops, either:
    * There's a hardware malfunction - was there any problems prior to reinstalling windows?
    * Your antivirus was running while u installed them - make sure any antivirus programs are shut down while you install drivers
    * You could have a virus already in the system - Run a full scan with trusted software
    * There could be a problem in your Windows installation source - How did you make the USB installer?

As for installing the WiFi drivers, make sure you've flicked the switch for the WiFi connection, the computer may need you to do this so it can recognise the hardware, before drivers can be installed.

The question marks in device manager should be replaced by proper hardware icons when the drivers have been isntalled.

I originally locked your post because you specifically mentioned installing WiFi drivers and the ? in your device manager, all of which has been talked about so often in other forums that a basic search would get you the information you need. But lets get that chipset issue sorted as that is kind of a pressing matter.

Swarvey, Feb 13, 2011
  4. acerhelper

acerhelper

Thanks for unlocking & sorry for the misunderstanding. I just tried installing chipset driver with AV turnd off- same result-reboots,flashs blue screen,then goes to "windows did not start" screen-the only thing that does any good is "use last good config." then it will start. Wife clicked on a website & then it went to a blank screen with what looked like a DOS curser, that you couldn't move, in the upper left hand side.I put an nlited ver of XP with SP3 on a thumbdrive with Novicorp WinToFlash 0.7.0000 beta, Deleted partitions ,made new one ,formatted in ntfs,& installed XP,- worked well-but I installed it with the harddrive in IDE mode ,not ahci- could this be a problem? xp seems to work ok, I was able to load the wired network drive & am able to get online . Thanks for trying to help

acerhelper, Feb 14, 2011
  5. acerhelper

Swarvey Moderator

I hope i haven't mis-interpreted your post, but were you running Windows 7 before installing XP? and were you having issues with crashes / reboots before removing Win7? If so, you should probably run a full memory test. Memtestx86 is on just about every bootable linux image I've used, and Windows 7 comes with a sort of trimmed down version of it on the DVD. It sounds like your memory is faulty or has dirty contacts.

Running XP in IDE mode is the only way you can run WinXP without integrating the AHCI SATA drivers into the installation. So that shouldn't be causing any problems at all.

Swarvey, Feb 14, 2011
  6. acerhelper

acerhelper

no win 7,Just preloaded XP home,no issues till it died,don't exactly how it ran as it is my wife's netbook.

acerhelper, Feb 15, 2011
  7. acerhelper

Acer-PR

Network Controller = Ethernet Controller : Lan Atheros Driver

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... ER&SC=PA_7

SM Bus Controller = Chipset Driver

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... &SC=AAP_10

Video Controller/Video Controller VGA = VGA Driver

Wireless Lan: Atheros Driver

Audio: Realtek Driver

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... ER&SC=PA_7

If you need other AOD250 Drivers clik on this link:

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/d ... delId=1113

If a specific driver fails to respond, delete and download another driver !

To install the drivers first you have to download the file by cliking on the links provided, then:

1. Open the file
    2. look for and clik on "Setup" ( blue square)
    3. follow instructions on installing the driver normally by just cliking on "Next" and once installed you will be prompted to restart your computer. Continue doing the same with the other drivers one at a time.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Good Luck !

Acer-PR, Feb 18, 2011
  8. acerhelper

acerhelper

Got it working !!.Made new xp cd -integrated drivers with nlite (did it wrong 1st time-nlite newbie) & but on usb with Novicorp WinToFlash 0.7.0000 beta.Thank all for the help,I'll check back later to see if anybody has any questions I might answer .Thanks again to all.

acerhelper, Feb 25, 2011
Ask a Question