Driver Issues with Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by BaRTiMuS, Aug 8, 2008.

1. BaRTiMuS

BaRTiMuS

Hey guys,

I have an Nlite XP cd that I created for my EeePC a while back. Everything ran properly on this install so I don't think there are any issues with the XP Image.

I installed windows without any issues, and made sure to format the drive in Fat32. Everything runs fine. I start installing all the drivers. Everything appears to install fine. Here are the drivers that are giving me issues:

- Both LAN And WLAN drivers are installed and appear to be working fine, however neither of them show up in "Network Connections"
    - XP is prompting me for a driver for the Batter (Thats right the battery) twice every time I log in. and the indicator always stays on "plugged in".

I am kind of lost as I have never run into these types of issues and I really dont want to have to reinstall windows.

Any Ideas?

BaRTiMuS, Aug 8, 2008
  2. BaRTiMuS

BaRTiMuS

Looks like I will have to re-install XP. Almost every process in services.msc is off. I turn them on, reboot, they are off again.

BaRTiMuS, Aug 8, 2008
  3. BaRTiMuS

r0ckologist

To Bartimus,
    I have the similar problem with the services.msc, have you tried re-installing the OS? How is it going now?

r0ckologist, Aug 18, 2008
  4. BaRTiMuS

ginguskahn

For the battery you probably need to reinstall batt.dll to the c:\windows\system32 folder, thats if it wont take the drivers.

For the network you probably need to start the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service and set it to automatic, also "dhcp client" and "network connections", oh, and DNS Client as well!

services is in control panel/administrative tools.

Personally I just installed TinyXP rev 9 and never looked back.

Good Luck

ginguskahn, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question