Drivers for Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Discussion in 'Linux' started by vc-10, Oct 1, 2009.

1. vc-10

vc-10

I got fed up with trying to (re)install the Linpus that my mum's Acer Aspire One 110 came with (the recovery CD didn't work- I tried it on 4 computers and got kernel errors on all of them :roll: ) as the copy of Linpus it came with crashed and gave kernel errors (something repeating here? :roll: ) . I then tried Windows XP, which installed and ran, but was unbearably slow at the best of times, so I tried installing Linux again. A friend suggested Ubuntu, and it's great! However, the memory card reader doesn't work. Where could I find some drivers?

vc-10, Oct 1, 2009
  2. vc-10

RockDoctor

The card readers only work with SD/SDHC cards if you're running a kernel other than the Linpus kernel. No drivers exist for current Linux kernels for MMC/xD/whatever-else the right-side reader will accept (the drivers used by Linpus may compile, but they don't work - there's a reason they were not accepted into the mainline kernel).. Also, the left card reader will not automatically act as an extension of the SSD with anything but the original Linpus.

RockDoctor, Oct 1, 2009
  3. vc-10

vc-10

Thanks RockDoctor, but I've tried it with an SD card from my camera, but it didn't work. Are the drivers in the Synaptic Package Manager somewhere?

vc-10, Oct 7, 2009
  4. vc-10

RockDoctor

I've got pciehp.pciehp_force=1 as a parameter on the kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst, and both card readers allow me to hot-plug SD/SDHC cards.

RockDoctor, Oct 8, 2009
Ask a Question