Dual boot software on AA1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pyro225, Oct 30, 2008.

1. pyro225

pyro225

i have tried System commander and Acronis - but i cant get to work successfully with osx and vista - anyone tried anything else or had ewexperience?

pyro225, Oct 30, 2008
  2. pyro225

rory

titl should probably be how cna i dual boot windows and os x
    it is possible
    mini guide, because you seem to sound like you know what youre doing
    start with windows, 2 partitions 1 windows 1 free
    startup os x disk (to be honest, i cant be fucked with all the bullshit of usb bootable images and that crap, an external drive is the way to go with this guide)wait till it loads, and open disk utility and format the non windows partition as hfs+ and name it
    make a note of which partition is first on the disk (its the top 1 in the diagram of the drive)
    install os x (i use iatkos with full system, uncked normal bootlader, but add speedstep and mbr bootloader)
    now it should boot to os x only
    now reboot into the install disk
    go to terminal and type
    fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
    fdisk flag 1 or fdisk flag 2 (its 1 if windows is the first partition, and 2 if its the second partition)
    quit
    y
    reboot
    then let it reboot

should boot windows

will need repairing, so put in the restore disk and repair windows

now should boot windows properly

Boot into Vista. Copy the chain0 file from the Leopard DVD to C:
    Open the “Command prompt” with “Elevated Admin” privileges from the Start Menu.
    Type the following into the prompt

bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”
    bcdedit /enum active
    bcdedit /set {GUID} PATH \chain0

In the first command type {current} as it is, literally..nothing else..just {current} with the brackets. In the 3rd command however, replace the {GUID} with the alphanumeric GUID you see in the enumerated list under MAC OS X. You can see this list on your terminal as soon as you type the 2nd command above.
    Close the Command Prompt and Restart Vista.
    You Should now be looking at a screen with two options to boot into Mac OSX or Vista.

or you can use the windows program easybcd which has an option to add os x to the windows bootloader

rory, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question