DVD playback

Discussion in 'Windows' started by richcloke, Sep 18, 2010.

1. richcloke

richcloke

I recently bought a 2nd hand D250, and then bought a small dvd reader/writer to use with it. The latter works fine with my laptop, but with the d250 I am unable to play film dvds. I get a message saying no compatible dvd decoder is installed on my computer. I tried downloading Windvd 10, but even that didn't help as it says there is a mismatch with the region settings, even though I set Europe in the Windvd and the dvd is a BBC film dvd. Any ideas anyone?
    Richard

richcloke, Sep 18, 2010
  2. richcloke

Swarvey Moderator

This has been discussed before. Just download and install a CoDec Pack that comes with DVD playback. I suggest the K-Lite Mega CoDec pack, install it as "Lots of Stuff Without Player". Voila, your Windows based machine can now play DVD's.

Go Here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L ... c_Pack.htm
    Click the big bold words saying "Download K-Lite Mega CoDec"
    On the new page, choose a mirror to download and run/save the file as you wish
    READ THE PROMPTS durring install and use logic to determine which settings you want to use for your codec's, if you're not sure what something does, leave it as-is.

Swarvey, Sep 19, 2010
  3. richcloke

richcloke

Many thanks! In fact, before I found your answer (I'm new to forums and a bit slow!!!), I had tried a couple of other solutions and about an hour ago I downloaded UPlayer to try, and that solved the problem. I will note your solution though, and try that as well. Thanks for the assistance.
    Richard

richcloke, Sep 19, 2010
Ask a Question