DW1390 Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by kc2aqg, Feb 28, 2009.

1. kc2aqg

kc2aqg

Hi All-

So I have OSX installed and running very smoothly on 10.5.6. I replaced the Atheros card with a DW1390 card before I installed MacOS (iAtkos image) and for the first few boots the card was working great on Wifi. Then the wifi stopped working after I booted up, but it would still show the card as installed. So when booting I would use the physical switch to activate the wifi - the LED would turn on and everything would work fine. Now a few boots later OSX says there is no airport card installed at all and I can't activate it at all using the switch - the LED never comes back on. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any thoughts on how to resolve? Thanks for any insight!

Andy

kc2aqg, Feb 28, 2009
  2. kc2aqg

smarre

Same problem but not solution yet.

smarre, Mar 1, 2009
  3. kc2aqg

robo

I found that touching the switch while OS X was booted would cause airport to stop working from the OS... I guess OS X isn't expecting the card to be controlled by anything other than itself.

Perhaps try rebooting into Windows, turn the card on, then boot back into MacOS? (assuming you have a dual boot set up)

robo, Mar 2, 2009
  4. kc2aqg

planetperki

and if you don't have a dual boot? is there any other way of doing it?

i've just purchased my DW1390 and i'm awaiting delivery and install...

if it goes wrong i would want to know how to fix it? :D

cheers

planetperki, Mar 2, 2009
  5. kc2aqg

kc2aqg

Just to give you guys some closure on this issue, it turns out I had a bum DW1390 card from ebay. It wouldn't work or get recognized at all in either OSX or windows. I figured it out most obviously when I looked in the system profiler and the MAC address on the card was different from the MAC address printed on the physical label of the card! Got the seller to refund my money and immediately bought another card. Once I got it installed it is working great with OSX! I didn't even activate the card at all using windows, just went straight into installing it under OSX and it worked, so I don't think you'll have to worry about dual-booting once you get the 1390 installed.

kc2aqg, Mar 9, 2009
  6. kc2aqg

planetperki

thanks for clearing this up... i've got mine installed and its working fine! :D

i'm sat in the cafe with it working now! :D

planetperki, Mar 12, 2009
Ask a Question