e220 modem with linux system problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bwatt99, Jan 19, 2009.

1. bwatt99

bwatt99

Can anyone help me out here i have the aspire one mini notebook and i have not really got into it or used it much,i also got myself a e220 modem from 3,i did not bother setting it up with my acer aspire but my other laptop which was windows xp and its was so easy,i am not in oz for a month and really would like to use my aspire notebook over here,i beleive i got my modem unlocked,well the guy was pretty new to doing it and said should be good to go.
    Well as i am not in australia i got myself a 3 broadband sim kit and some credit.

I think you need to change the settings for australia as uk ones are different,i suppose ok 3 can supply this if i called them right?

The issue i have is getting my modem recognised by my notebook its working with linux and not the best i must say to use when used to windows,i called up 3 tech support in the hope they could help me out but they tell me this modem does not work with linux,then why do i read all the time it does and also this was recommended by a few places it would,but i have trouble using this with it,three tell me not and others do.

I connect my modem and i get all sorts of info coming up with drivers and all sorts i have no idea what its all about,all i want to do is find the logo to click on to and be able to work it and change settings,but i have no idea.
    Can someone asap give me easy but step by step instructions on how i do this,as i have this sim i paid for and this credit i paid for also and i would find it very usefull when over here to use,i do hope they guy was able to unlock my modem,but i need my linux to work it first i think,i beleive i did an update on the system before i came over,how would i know its not easy to get your head around like windows xp is and i want to get this up and running,i need to go to an internet cafe to get this info and to keep checking as i cant get online with my notebook for now.

bwatt99, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question