Easier Launch Bar ?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Tux Fan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Tux Fan

Winfried

I wonder a bit by reading the posts, that nobody suggests to use the options provided by the xfce menu. For the launchbar (called here panel) you have through "settings" the panel manager which allowed me to introduce the launch icons for programmes I wanted. See my desktop
    [​IMG]

If you are in need of icons you find them in
    Code:
    /usr/share/pixmaps
    The desktop background picture I installed by the xfce-settings-desktop settings . You need to save the file with an exact 1200x600 picture in
    Code:
    /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/
    ;
    I have the desktop switch installed but it seems that there is no reason to use the acer desktop. This would spare me one place for another application.
    I find it dangerous to go too far away from the provided features of the AA1. eg changing repositories as suggested by some: I understood that the AA1 Linux-Linpus is a slightly modified version from its mother Fedora. So if you go away to other repositories; don't you have then the danger of overwriting changes which the acer people made?
    Therefore I propose as long as we are beginners in Linux to use what we have. And what is provided is very mighty at least for simple user like me who just want to have a personalised desktop, read mail, surfe, look pictures, listen to mp3 files, type and read documents and finally read e-books.

Winfried, Feb 3, 2009
Ask a Question