Easy: Set external monitor resolution

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Aspiration, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Aspiration

Aspiration

:idea: Click on the settings button on the lower right of the desktop.
    A desktop menu appears. Select Display Settings.
    Click on the bottom click button... "Show my desktop only on the external display".
    In the resolution window you will now get selections for the monitor resolution (what the plug n'play monitor will display) and the refresh rate (in Hertz. 60 Hz, or 60 Hertz is the normal frequency of alternating current (hydro-electricity)).

DO YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY WE HAVE A 60 HERTZ FREQUENCY FOR ALL LONG DISTANCE ELECTRICAL TRANSMISSION LINES? THANKS TO TESLA, ITS BECAUSE THE EARTH'S NATURAL OSCILLATION FREQUENCY IS 62 HERTZ. BY HAVING TRANSMISSION LINES CLOSELY TUNED TO THE EARTH'S NATURAL RESONANCE FREQUENCY, WE REDUCE THE ELECTRICAL LOSSES OVER LONG DISTANCE TRANSMISSION LINES.
    HOWEVER, DURING SOLAR FLARES, THIS ALSO MAKES THE LONG DISTANCE ELECTRICAL TRANSMISSION LINES ACT AS AN ANTENNA WHICH PICKS UP THE ELECTRICAL DISTURBANCE FROM SOLAR FLARES AND IF THE SOLAR FLARE IS STRONG ENOUGH IT WILL CAUSE ELECTRICAL OUTAGES! :D

Aspiration, Apr 23, 2009
  2. Aspiration

solpuerto

Hi

60Hz is the normal AC frequency in power supplies in the Americas including the USA. In most of the rest of the world including the UK it is 50Hz. I suspect it has more to do with history and economics. Interestingly Japan use both 50 and 60 Hz.
    Most 60 Hz systems are 110 volt and 50 Hz 220 to 240 volts.

My PC monitor can be run at either 60 or 70 Hz, and my TV at 120 Hz, interesting that !!!!!
    Confusion between AC voltage frequency and refresh frequency !!!!!!!!

solpuerto, Apr 25, 2009
  3. Aspiration

Aspiration

Exactly. Why not use the frequency of the power lines? Makes things a bit simpler for sure. For faster refresh, especially on games devices they sometimes use 120hz. When I bought my dmi cable for the hdtv I was told you don't need the 120hz Monster cables unless you are using an xbox on the hdtv, assuming the hdtv supports it.

Aspiration, May 2, 2009
Ask a Question