Easy way to install Audacity?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Sylv, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Sylv

Sylv

Is there an easy way to install Audacity on the Acer Aspire One (with Linpus Lite)?

If not: is there a less easy way?

Sylv, Aug 25, 2008
  2. Sylv

Rechosen

You can install audacity by going into advanced mode; the package is available then under Add/Remove Software. Seems to work alright.

Rechosen, Aug 25, 2008
  3. Sylv

Toma

Ive got an issue trying to record a track over another. Even recording 1 has loads of skips. I dont think the audio hardware is capable of it :(

Toma, Aug 28, 2008
  4. Sylv

Ace_Rimmer

Audacity works fine for me. I had lots of noise in the audio when recording from the internal mic at the default 44k sampling rate, so I cut it back to 11k or so. Works fine for voice dictation. Haven't tried editing audio files from other sources yet.

Ace_Rimmer, Sep 1, 2008
  5. Sylv

Phil_Urich

Pshh, advanced mode. I did alt+f2, typed in "xterm", and ran "sudo yum install audacity" :)

Phil_Urich, Sep 2, 2008
  6. Sylv

burntbit

I have the same problem as far as recording multiple tracks. I get this message when trying to record a second track "Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate."

At 44100Hz the recording plays back a higher pitched version of my recording. I have to raise it to 48000Hz to sound right. I don't have any skipping problems though.

I've only tried with the input on the internal mic. Any ideas on how to lay down multiple tracks?

burntbit, Sep 3, 2008
  7. Sylv

Toma

Toma, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question