Easy XP Install...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jpristel, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jpristel

jpristel

After screwing around with 3 flash drives, none of them were able to boot the Aspire One. I'm guessing it had something to do with the programs that would write a boot sector to a thumb drive not running well on my VM. Eventually I gave up on that round-about method. In retrospect, after 4 hours of nothing working, I went out and bought a usb cd drive. Worked great the first time, just like it should, and no third party apps are needed.

jpristel, Aug 3, 2008
  2. jpristel

usacamaro

bought A usb cd drive, selected boot to cd, that worked fine, windows xp was loading the tools to start the installation. then it gets to the point starting windows....and i get the blue screen..."aa problem has been detected and windows has been shut down"...how do you format the hard drive in fat?

usacamaro, Aug 3, 2008
  3. jpristel

geekster

Some versions of Xp install better than others.Try another copy..to format to fat 32 you have to get pass the Setup is starting windows,then you delete existing partition then you are given the choice to format to fat 32.

geekster, Aug 7, 2008
Ask a Question