ebay batteries

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 29, 2009.

1. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

so i'm looking for a 9 cell replacement for my 751h 3cell. acer replacements are too expensive for me (roughly 150 bucks) so i've been had my eye on ebay and found some 9 cell replacements for 50 bucks or less. anyone had any experience with these? heres a link to the one i'm looking at. http://cgi.ebay.com/9-Cell-Battery-For- ... 45efc4b853

anybody got experience with ebay batteries? good or bad? i'm tempted as it has a 1 year warranty. all i want is to get more than 2 hours of life out of my netbook as I'm rarely able to plug in that often.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 29, 2009
  2. MaLfUnCtIoN

Forone

Can't speak to Acer replacements. My experiment with a clone for Dell (bought a pair, high-rated eBay seller) was day 1 happy and 6 month disappointed. They were Panasonic and specs were better than the OEM Dell. They fit and outperformed the original for a brief span but where the OEM battery worked reasonably well for a year and a half, the replacements were down to 20 minutes within 6 months. I've never really heard any good about long term experience with cheap clones. My OEM Acer battery has held up pretty well so I'd be inclined to buy another rather than going "penny wise."

Forone, Dec 29, 2009
  3. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

well i bought one so we will see how it performs. got a 1 year warranty in case it craps out.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Jan 1, 2010
  4. MaLfUnCtIoN

Forone

Could do just fine - it's a big battery for a little unit.

Forone, Jan 1, 2010
  5. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

true but i hate wires. i long to be free of the power cable. :D :D

MaLfUnCtIoN, Jan 2, 2010
  6. MaLfUnCtIoN

lagoausente2

Bad experience here on ebay, paid 78usd for a battery that lasts 4-hours or less, rated at 7900mah and with 57% wear after only 6 months. Now tells I have 0% of charge while voltage is still at 10.8V. Bad counter. Wasted money. Good of throw out the window.

lagoausente2, Jan 6, 2010
  7. MaLfUnCtIoN

DEANO

MaLfUnCtIoN, did you have any luck with the battery? any problems? im interested in buying one aswell.

DEANO, Jan 11, 2010
  8. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

so far im getting a consistent 7-8 hours of life depending on power plan selection. i like it. holds charge well when not in use. for 50 bucks it was a great deal. i will have to wait to see how it fares in the long run.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Jan 13, 2010
Ask a Question