EBAY sellers

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by BuKKa15E, Feb 26, 2009.

1. BuKKa15E

ronime

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the issue being alluded to here is that after removing the 5300 battery and replacing it, the AA1 won't power on unless it is "jump started" on AC power first.

ronime, Mar 17, 2009
  2. BuKKa15E

Rich in ILM

That is correct if you mean with the same 5300 battery. The original battery causes the power button to flash, when installed, and starts fine.

Rich in ILM, Mar 17, 2009
  3. BuKKa15E

mercado79

Just thought I'd update everyone. Novapcs (though I don't agree with what they said re: "everybody does it" response), has refunded everything to me including return shipping.

Netbook-Central, however, has yet to respond. Come to think of it, they didn't contact me at any point in the process of purchasing, shipping, etc. Novapcs was awesome in this regard.

Which reminds me of a quote from the movie Chasing Amy:
    "You gotta handle it like CNN and the Weather Channel - constant updates." ;)

mercado79, Mar 18, 2009
  4. BuKKa15E

ronime

My aftermarket 5200mAH has always started up fine. BatteryInfo reports the manufacturer as "SIMPLO".

[attachment=0:do5wy4ly]BatteryInfo.jpg[/attachment:do5wy4ly]

ronime, Mar 18, 2009
  5. BuKKa15E

Rich in ILM

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything in 2 business days. This is a seller with a very high rating.

Rich in ILM, Mar 18, 2009
  6. BuKKa15E

beckmanb

A little of topic. I am looking at buying a battery fron bills... and am wondering if the 8.9 and 10.1 use the same batteries. Thanks ....

beckmanb, Mar 30, 2009
  7. BuKKa15E

ronime

Apparently they do use the same batteries. This will be great if the D150 5800mAH batteries ever surface as accessories.

ronime, Mar 30, 2009
  8. BuKKa15E

chris_cbr400

Just to add an extra comment on the thread I bought a battery from digi100 recently based on other recommendations on this forum. It's a 9 cell 7200mAh and so far seems to be running around 8 hours from the 4-5 times I've charged it so I'm very happy.

Thought I had a dud at one point as the battery dropped to 0% and wouldn't charge, but after a short rest it seemed to charge again and no problems in the last few charges so I think I'm home clear. Contacted digi100 and he was quick to respond and offered to help. Luckily didn't need the help as it sorted itself out.

chris_cbr400, Apr 2, 2009
  9. BuKKa15E

mickeymkd

I want to buy a 6cell battery for Acer Aspire one A150, and the only option for me is buying it from ebay.
    Can somebody give me a link to an ebay seller that ships worldwide?

P.S. It needs to be white. :)

mickeymkd, Apr 3, 2009
  10. BuKKa15E

ronime

No disrespect intended, but it's not that hard to find them yourself:

1. Go to the ebay home page for your home country
    2. Search for "aspire one 5200mah white" or "aspire one 6cell white"
    3. Check each item listing for "Post to: Worldwide"

Most of the Hong Kong sellers will post worldwide.

ronime, Apr 3, 2009
  11. BuKKa15E

mickeymkd

:D I know how to search on ebay.
    I just wanted to know if somebody had already purchased a battery from specific seller and was happy with that battery, so i could buy the same battery.

Is this battery ok?

mickeymkd, Apr 3, 2009
  12. BuKKa15E

fridtear

Have you guys finally solved the start-up problem?

I'm attracted by this netbook-central battery as they've got 100% positive feedback on ebay. I had almost made up my mind to buy it but just read this thread......

No updates since Mar 18. Can anybody tell me what's happening with those batteries?

fridtear, Apr 8, 2009
  13. BuKKa15E

Rich in ILM

It took longer than I would of liked but they did send me a replacement battery USPS express and it works great. Even with the earlier problem I would buy there again.

Rich in ILM, Apr 8, 2009
  14. BuKKa15E

fridtear

Thank you for the information. It really helps.
    Now I think I'm gonna buy one from the seller, though I still have to make a choice between 5300 and 7900 :mrgreen:

fridtear, Apr 8, 2009
  15. BuKKa15E

kwl

I just received a 7900 battery from Netbook Central and can't complain. It works perfectly and has freed me from always having to carry the charging cord with me. Their shipping was prompt: Ordered Thursday, they shipped Monday - priority mail, and I received it Tuesday. Of course the fact that they're in one suburb of Portland and I'm in another didn't hurt the transit time.

NO problems starting from battery, and it shows only 2% wear. There are even two bonuses to the 9 cell units as they prop the back up for a better typing angle and better airflow underneath for possibly better cooling.

kwl, Apr 9, 2009
  16. BuKKa15E

mercado79

Just thought I'd update everyone on my situation. Just like Rich, I too had issues with the battery I received from Netbook-Central. It lasts a long time. I'm very happy with that, but apparently the controller chip was defective. Unless "activated" via the power supply, the battery would not work. Kind of odd.

Anyway, I attempted to contact the seller via the PayPal email address and never received a response. I then tried using Ebay's resolution center and requested contact info that way. Apparently, Ebay sends a notice to the seller directly. I never received a response. Finally, after putting it off for way too long, I sent the seller a message using the "Ask the Seller a Question" tool on the item's page (as Rich had suggested). A manager named Halen got right back to me. So, go figure. Anyway, I shipped the battery back today and they're supposed to send me a replacement as soon as they received it.

It's been pretty frustrating, but it is partly my fault too. Also, I've used it plenty and been traveling lately so I can vouch for the battery being of a high quality. Cross country trips from the east coast to California would not have been as enjoyable had I been using the stock battery. Watched a movie, two 24 episodes, did some school work... all on a 6-cell battery. Definitely a very useful upgrade. And it's not HUGE either. I highly recommend it.

mercado79, Apr 9, 2009
  17. BuKKa15E

I just received my 6-cell 5200mAh battery from eBay seller 100digi. I haven't had a chance to fully test the runtime of the battery yet, but the buying experience was superb. He shipped out very quick, via registered mail, and even provided tracking information. Total time from Hong Kong to NYC was only 7 days. I'm very impressed.

Battery is manufactured by SIMPLO, same as the original 3-cell that came with my AA1.

Here's the listing for the one that I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250390126413

He also sells it in blue and white. I'll post back once I've been able to give the battery a good workout, but thus far, I am very happy and would recommend him highly.

karma, Apr 10, 2009
  18. BuKKa15E

mjm1483

I've been debating with myself for a while about whether to buy a 5200 or 7200 battery - after a lot of reading and writing to sellers, it does appear that both bill981101 and 100digi are selling batteries as advertised, i.e. the 7200 is actually 7200, not 6600. (Just for your information, sellers batteryresource88 and cattle913 both admitted that their 7200s were 6600s and their 5200s were 4400s after I asked them for a guarantee.)

Anyway, I now see that there are 7800 batteries being sold for not much more than the 7200. Size-wise, is the 7800 much bigger than the 7200? And if it is, can anyone who has bought one of these on ebay comment as to how much extra life the 7800 provides as compared to the 7200. Many Thanks!

mjm1483, Apr 10, 2009
  19. BuKKa15E

fridtear

I don't think there is a significant size difference between 7200 and 7800 batteries, since the battery cores they use are of the same size, however, the 7800's could be a little bit heavier than the 7200's.

fridtear, Apr 10, 2009
  20. BuKKa15E

zed

I ordered the 6-cell from 100digi (ebay) yesterday and will let you know how I get on with the order.

zed, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question