Elantech driver

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by damole, Apr 25, 2012.

1. damole

damole

I've been looking for an updated touchpad driver because I often find mine (8.0.6.0) starts to use 50% of the CPU and the machine slows to a crawl until I kill it. I've downloaded the two latest drivers from Asus's website but neither seem to allow me to turn off tapping which I don't like.

Such a shame they didn't use the Synaptics touchpad which has proper driver support, typical Acer.

damole, Apr 25, 2012
  2. damole

Swarvey Moderator

Forgive me if I've misread, but Asus and Acer are two completely separate companies. You won't find support for an Acer laptop or its touchpad on Asus's website. Try http://support.acer.com instead.

Swarvey, Apr 25, 2012
  3. damole

damole

Asus has some laptops which use the Elantech toucpad which I why I downloaded drivers from there. Usually the hardware is generic so the drivers on each companies website will work for others. For instance it used to be the case that the place to get the latest Synaptic drivers was always the HP website until Synaptic started relasing them on their own website. This is my second Acer machine and I've never seen them update drivers from the release set even though new drivers often add functionality as well as fix bugs but then I guess this is one way they keep costs down.

cheers
    damole

damole, Apr 26, 2012
  4. damole

Swarvey Moderator

Ahhh yes I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately I've only ever had synaptics touchpads in my laptops (sheer luck I guess) even both my 150 and 250 Acer netbooks had Synaptics, so I've never had to look elsewhere for drivers. If I come across anything in my travels I'll let you know.

Swarvey, Apr 26, 2012
  5. damole

damole

I'm writing this using the latest version of Ubuntu and I can use two finger scrolling and turn off tapping just using the standard mouse/touchpad settings. :)

damole, Jun 23, 2012
Ask a Question