Elantech touchpad shows as default PS/2 mouse.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by palehorse864, Sep 9, 2012.

1. palehorse864

palehorse864

Hello, I am having issues with my ELAN touchpad. When I right click the tray icon and choose properties, I get the properties screen for ELAN, but my trackpad is listed as Standard PS/2 Mouse, and I can't go into the options for the device, only stop it and enable it.

This is a problem, as I would like to adjust the palm sensitivity for the mouse to be less sensitive as I have to turn the trackpad on and off when typing (Which is a bit of a nightmare in some word processing applications where you need access to both). I have tried downloading the Elan driver from their website, and reinstalling the driver from erecovery management, but this hasn't helped. Can anyone think of anything else to do?

palehorse864, Sep 9, 2012
  2. palehorse864

palehorse864

Oh, I should add that I am using Windows 7 64-bit on an Aspire One 722-0473.

Edit: Another addition. I can access all the smartpad settings from control panel, but they have no actual effect, "probably because i'm still showing standard ps/2 mouse"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    palehorse864, Sep 9, 2012
  3. palehorse864

palehorse864

Has anyone heard of this, or does anyone know of a solution? It is a bit trying having to turn the touchpad on and off each time I want to type something in a comment box, turning it off to type, and on again to get out of the comment box in word.

palehorse864, Sep 23, 2012
  4. palehorse864

Nestone50

You sure it isn't something so simple as toggling F7?

Nestone50, Sep 24, 2012
Ask a Question