Enable Cube

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ArievH, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ArievH

ArievH

Hello ryanc021,

I changed the order of the clients-section as you suggested, but unfortunately the error message still pops-up after a reboot.
    So any other suggestions are very welcome!
    It's not a big problem, but it's anoying (hope you understand what I mean)

Greetz
    Arie

ArievH, Dec 16, 2008
  2. ArievH

ArievH

ash r has the same problem:
    viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4931&start=20

I used that thread also to automount removable drives.

Maybe we can work together to get this fixed?

Greetz

Arie

ArievH, Dec 17, 2008
  3. ArievH

ryanc021

Hey ArievH,

Thanks for the link, it clears up for me anyways what 'xfcepost' is and funnily enough it was part of my next suggestion of adding to the client list 'Thunar' to have it start above xfdesktop.

However as it's already part of 'xfcepost' script, try swapping them around so xfdesktop is client4 and xfcepost is client3 see if that solves it.

ryanc021, Dec 17, 2008
  4. ArievH

ArievH

Hello ryanc 021

Sorry that I didn't respond sooner to your latest post.
    I had some troubles with my AAO.
    Two days ago it refused to bootup.
    Right after showing the blue "AAO"-screen the power shut off and the machine went dead. (Sorry for my poor English, I hope you understand what I mean)
    It really scared me to death!
    Offcourse I tried again, .....and again,......and again,........and..................
    No luck at all, my blue baby was dead and she insisted on her rest!
    I saw myself returning to the factory-settings and after that going through the whole routine I had to go through to get to the point where I was......pfffff, That idea wasn't very attractive to me!! (to say the least!)
    Fortunately my baby agreed with me:
    I went into the bios, with the intention to change the boot-procedure to boot from USB-stick (where the recovery-system is),the power shut off again.
    So I wasn't able to finish what I had in mind.
    Tired as I was, I'd let her rest for a whole night and a day (was very busy at my school) and tried again yesterdag evening.
    After a very, very, very long boot (about 5-7 minutes!) (fortunately the screens flickered a while, the green harddisk-led was blinking also, showing that there was "something" going on inside, which kept me from manually shuytting off the power)
    The power auto-shut off again, but immediately ON again.
    So I let my baby go her own way.
    This procedure was repeated two times and after that: HURRAY, the desktop showed itself again and I could go on.
    (Have you ever heard of something similar like this???)
    The familiar trash-error message pop-up again, but this time I was very happy with it!!, in fact I loved it!!
    I tried the printer, but that didn't work. Rats!!!
    I removed the printer, added the same printer again, and YES, printer also worked (again)
    I followed your suggestion and swapped xfcepost with xfdesktop, which are now client 3 and 4 and booted
    WOW, YES, no trash-error any more.
    :lol: :lol:
    Thanks very much for all your help and patience! You are great!!!

I'll post you suggestion in the other thread, if you don't mind, maybe ash r finds it usefull also.

Greetz.
    Arie

ArievH, Dec 19, 2008
  5. ArievH

ryanc021

No problem ArievH,

If it ain't one thing, it something else :lol: . GREAT to hear it's all sorted now :) , btw what bios are you on as I'm yet to experience anything like that.

I remember reading these forums before picking up my AAO and reading the stories about the dodgy wifi till bios v3305 sorted it. So the first thing I did when I received my AAO was to update the bios to 3305 and I pretty much had no major issues or anything to complain about since.

ryanc021, Dec 20, 2008
  6. ArievH

ArievH

Hello ryanc021

I'm on Bios 3308 at this moment.

By the way: would you happen to know if it is possible to have a different desktop-backgroundpicture on every side of the cube?
    Would be nice!

Greetz

Arie

ArievH, Dec 21, 2008
  7. ArievH

donec

I have seen displays of different backgrounds on each side of the cube but don't believe it is possible on all distros.

donec, Dec 22, 2008
  8. ArievH

Gtone

hi everyone!!!!

i managed to get the cube working but only till i restart i tried to install fusion icon but i got this message:
    what can i do after that?
    marry x-mas everyone :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gtone, Dec 25, 2008
  9. ArievH

ryanc021

Hey and merry x-mas,

Try this:
    Code:
    sudo rpm -ivh [url]http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm[/url]
    sudo yum install fusion-icon

I think your missing a repository to grab the package from, hopefully the above should fix it ;)

ryanc021, Dec 25, 2008
  10. ArievH

Gtone

Hi there thnx for the fast reply.

I did what you told me by letter and i got the same message again here's my terminal
    for now i have added the sudo compiz-manager command at my startup list but it seems to slow up the system .
    Any ideas what i can do after that?

PS i just saw the line that says that the key for the repository is missing. where can i get that?

Gtone, Dec 26, 2008
  11. ArievH

ryanc021

That's strange,

I should of asked this first time round but have you tried the package-manager(type pirut in terminal to run) to install fusion-icon or searched for it through package-manager? If it doesn't show up there....

You can grab the fusion-icon package, that should be available from your package-manager here:
    http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/sta...-icon-0.1.0-0.1.5e2dc9git.fc8.noarch.rpm.html
    There's a long list of download mirrors available, once downloaded double click to install, hopefully it should grab the dependencies needed and install the package.

ryanc021, Dec 27, 2008
  12. ArievH

chs1010

yay, luckily i did a search, was gonna ask how to do this lol, this thing is awesome, now im gonna mess around with the transparency to get the gears in it lol

chs1010, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question