Endless Boot Loop

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SkitzFrenik, Sep 8, 2012.

1. SkitzFrenik

SkitzFrenik

Recently, I decided to install Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One ZG5. After going through the installation process, I realized that I lost the SKU number for Windows 7 and couldn't enter it. So, without knowing what else to do, I turned off the laptop and rebooted. Now, the laptop screen goes in an endless loop between the Acer logo, Windows Error screen, and the Windows 7 "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" message.

The thing is that MagicDisc was used to mount the Windows 7 ISO on the computer (How else can someone install Windows 7 on a laptop with no disk drive?). The normal solution with a boot error like this is to eject the Windows 7 install disk, but I can't because it's running on a virtual disk.

So far, I've tried the Factory Default method (<Alt><F10>), Changing Setup settings (<F2>), and Changing Boot Order (<F12>). What else is there?

By the way, it's not pirated. It's a legal version of Windows 7 that I own. I had to convert it to an ISO and mount it to a virtual disk since the Acer has no disk drive.

SkitzFrenik, Sep 8, 2012
  2. SkitzFrenik

igadget

If the Windows error screen flashes by to fast to read the error code, try making a brief video of the boot screens and then pause the replay to grab the code. Then try http://support.microsoft.com/search/ and type "error code (insert code number)" in the search window (without the quote and parenthesis marks). The MS site can be obtuse with this kind of problem, but you might get lucky and hit on a forum post that helps.

igadget, Sep 8, 2012
  3. SkitzFrenik

SkitzFrenik

There's no error codes or numbers of any kind. What happens instead is the Windows Error Recovery Screen that gives me the option to boot in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Safe Mode with Networking, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally. Tried all of those options.

SkitzFrenik, Sep 9, 2012
  4. SkitzFrenik

john

Try option of windows repair.

john, Oct 10, 2012
  5. SkitzFrenik

SkitzFrenik

How do I use the Windows Repair option?

SkitzFrenik, Oct 10, 2012
Ask a Question