EPSXE works great! (Playstation emulator)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gary c, Sep 19, 2008.

1. gary c

gary c

I'm pleased to report that EPSXE works surprisingly well with my little machine. (XP 1GB/120GB)

It's been a while since I first used it, so I might have missed some parts. But basically I downloaded the latest version, found a PSX BIOS, installed some video and sound plugins from here and here, hooked up my old PSX controller (via USB adapter from Radioshack) and fired up some old ISO backups copied over the network from my desktop.

I was able to play Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2, Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Hot Shots Golf, Castlevania, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 at full or nearly-full framerates. Occasionally, I encountered some lag when too much was going on on-screen (like driving thru a pack of cars in GT2).

Chrono Cross would load but I couldn't get past the title screen with the underwater scenery. Probably more of a emulator issue than a hardware thing.

Similarly I could not get Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2, Tekken 2, or Ace Combat 3 to load at all. Again, not sure if it's the ISO, the emulator, or the hardware. I really have not tinkered w/ the settings aside from switching to different video plugins.

I have not tried any other titles.

Between this, my accidental discovery of multi-touch in Firefox, and the dual card readers, my new AAO XP/120GB has been full of surprises this week :lol:

gary c, Sep 19, 2008
  2. gary c

STEEEL

Where do I get my hands on this program?

Thanks

STEEEL, Sep 24, 2008
  3. gary c

STEEEL

Thanks for the tip I will follow it up.

STEEEL, Sep 24, 2008
Ask a Question