Error 0x0000007B installation win xp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by solealto, Aug 28, 2008.

1. solealto

solealto

Dear all, sorry for my english (I'm italian .. :? :? :? ).
    I have an acer one A150L with 1Gb ram and 120Gb hd.
    I would like install win xp. I have an usb cdrom with the XP installation, but after the first steps of installation
    an error occurs (blue screen):
    *** STOP: 0x0000007B .....

Do you have any suggestions for solving this problem?
    Thanks very much!

solealto, Aug 28, 2008
  2. solealto

judeh101

You might have defective RAM installed on your computer, try using memtest or something and see if you'd get errors.

judeh101, Aug 28, 2008
  3. solealto

solealto

The RAM is ok.
    I think that the installation can not read the boot sector.... because I have also installed Linpus. :(
    THanks

solealto, Aug 28, 2008
  4. solealto

mazade

at what part of the "installation" process do you get this error?
    From what little I know, Linpus does not like sharing its HDD space... but I haven't tried to beat it into submission yet either.

mazade, Aug 28, 2008
  5. solealto

KGB

pls double check that you use Windows XP WITH Service Pack 2 at least. Otherwise there is no chance to install.

KGB, Aug 28, 2008
  6. solealto

Jo0f

I have the same :(... I have AAO with 120gb, 1gb and linux. I tried installing windows (with an USB-stick) but after the first step it crashed and now it crashes everytime when it has loaded the install 'components?', that way I can't format and try again. I tried installing a windows xp home version with no service pack whats however :roll:.

Now I'm trying to format/recover my HD again, but I just can't make it happen. Here's what I've tried:

1. Tried making a recovery usb-stick. First the stick was to small (1gb) then I took a 4gb but got an error message #39 and was told to contact linpus.

2. Tried making a ubuntu install on usb to format from there, but failed :p.

3. Made a dos usb boot stick, but I couldn't get the format C: command working (didn't recognize the cmd or w/e).

Anyone has an idea of how I could format my HD, without using a external cd-player? I'm pretty much screwed now :(.

Jo0f, Aug 29, 2008
  7. solealto

goofball

try this

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=20747

you will need a system with a floppy though.

you may need to partition the drive.

I did follow this guide to installing XP from USB key

http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/instal ... thumb.html

goofball, Aug 29, 2008
  8. solealto

Jo0f

Thanks, but I already did this; http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/.

It's really easy! I downloaded latest ubuntu .iso already so I was ready to go in 5min or something :D. I now installed ubuntu so It's formatted again... I could try install windows again but I actually seem to like ubuntu now a friend showed me how it's working :).

Jo0f, Aug 29, 2008
  9. solealto

Kev08

Is there someone who has been successful in installing xp in to Acer One A150? My system has 120GB hard drive and 1.5GB memory. I get the 0x0000007B error when it comes to the stage that says "starting windows". It is definitely not the memory, because the memory is from one of my other notebook. I think it has got to do with Linpus; but am not sure how to proceed from here. The Windows XP Professional CD is the orginal CD.

Kev08

Kev08, Aug 31, 2008
  10. solealto

Junni68

Hello,

I had the same problem with my ONE. After some problems, I managed to install XP without remowing the original Linpus. First I used Ubuntu CD to make room to the HD by making the Linpus partition smaller. Then I used FDISK from Ultimate Boot CD to make a FAT32 partition for Windows. I maged the to install XP pro service pack 1a, but the older version without any service pack did not install, the erro message was the same, that you mentined.

Junni68, Sep 3, 2008
  11. solealto

djsalt

Resolution for myself: I had exactly the same problem and after some discussion on this forum http://apcmag.com/forum.htm?g=posts&m=2705&#2705 and trying out other sata drivers etc. It turned out I was using an older windows xp install disk, i'm pretty sure it was SP1.

Soon as I tried with an XP cd with service pack 3 it worked fine! I'm fairly certain after further reading that an XP with SP2 disc would also work as it includes updated chipset and ide drivers.

If you only have an XP with SP1 cd (and have no means of getting a newer one..) THEN you can slipstream the latest service pack 3 (which includes the updates in 1&2) to an image then burn that to a CD. Voila, it should work.

Just to confirm I have an ACER ASPIRE ONE 150 thats the one with a 120gb HD and 512mb of ram (which i plan to upgrade), this method was to resolve the issue with 0x0000007B error that I have previously encountered when installing xp on computers and faulty/ mismatched ram.

HOW TO SLIPSTREAM SP3 and make an up-to-date XP CD: http://www.nliteos.com/ this is FREEWARE, no spyware of rubbish like that. Furthermore I have to say it's easy to do, you just need your current XP CD to hand, and internet connection to download Service Pack 3, and a Blank CD to write the new image to.

I hope this helps, if you get stuck then just ask.

Thanks

Djsalt

djsalt, Sep 5, 2008
  12. solealto

solealto

Dear all,
    now I've installed xp with a cd installation winxp SP3 and it's all ok.
    The error was generated with cd installation without SP.

solealto, Sep 8, 2008
  13. solealto

Caliban

i'm having the same problem. i have an old windows xp cd that didn't have any service packs on it, when i booted from it using a usb-connected cd drive i'd get the blue screen of death when it got to the "starting windows" stage.

after finding this forum, i downloaded nlite and made a bootable windows cd that included sp3-- and i'm still getting the bsod!

my config is linux/1gb ram/8gb ssd

are there drivers i need to slipstream into the sp3 boot cd or something?

Caliban, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question