Error 15

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fedup, Jan 7, 2009.

1. fedup

fedup

HELP!

I bought the AA1 8Gb SSD Linpus model from our "friends" at PC World on 2 Dec 08. On 6 Jan 09 I am greeted with "Error 15" or, if I'm lucky, "Disk Error, press any key to restart. Error 15"

I made the fatal mistake of upgrading OO2.4 to OO3 (open office), after confirmation on a "good" install and a reboot, i am greeted with the above message.

So, for the record I have: (I only get the above messages)
    Created the Linpus Recovery USB Pen from the provided CD in the box
    Tried Linux4one RC2 on a USB Pen
    I've tried 3 different USB Pens
    I've tried all 3 USB slots
    I've removed the BIOS password (jic)
    I've tried headbutting the desk
    I tried Acer HelpDesk and they only offer the collect and repair service. (PC World were less helpful - no surprise there then)

Does anybody have a fix? I cannot even get a terminal window to view any settings - only the Error 15 messages...

fedup, Jan 7, 2009
  2. fedup

rbil

Error 15 usually means file corruption has occurred. You can try running fsck against the drive to try and fix things. You'll need to boot from an external USB drive that contains some version of Linux. At a command prompt you'd run:

fsck -y /dev/sda1

Cheers.

rbil, Jan 7, 2009
  3. fedup

fedup

cheers mate
    unfortunately i get no response from a usb flash drive boot (i've even used sandisk cruzer etc and not joy) - only message is error 15
    shame
    i'll have to return it to acer before i up the book to linux4one rc2
    thanks anyway

fedup, Jan 8, 2009
Ask a Question