error installing ubuntu 12.10 on my acer aspire one 532h -2588 laptop

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lukas duracho, Dec 27, 2012.

1. lukas duracho

lukas duracho

hello everyone I am new to this site and I I have been looking all over the the forums to find a solution to my problem but haven't been so lucky anyway I just wiped my Acer aspire one 532h-2588 laptop with DBAN so I could install Ubuntu 12.10 but after the wiping finished and I had already put Ubuntu on flash drive with USB installer and went to the BIOS changed it to boot from the USB instead of doing so it just boots up then shows this error message Intel (r) Pineview PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS Build Number : 2001 PC 14.34 03/01/2010 02:34:31 DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED. Copyright (r) 2000-2003 Intel corporation. All Rights Reserved
    I have tried using a differed USB creators like untetbootin ,yumi usb, but no luck could someone please help me solve this issue.

lukas duracho, Dec 27, 2012
  2. lukas duracho

stargazer747

I'm not sure if ubutno 12.10 had anything to do with it, but I had this exact netbook model and using an external usb dvdrw drive, I downloaded linux mint 14 "nadia" 32bit iso, burned to a disc and installed it no problem, used it until I found an acer aspire ultrabook s3-391 model, needed a bigger screen and keyboard + bluetooth, and that was built with linux mint 15 "olivia" 64 cinnamon which is excellent distro.

Try taking the drive out, wipe it with any windows format utility and then try it the way I did, maybe that might work for you.

stargazer747, Oct 14, 2013
Ask a Question