Errors when installing banshee

Discussion in 'Linux' started by numangal, Dec 12, 2008.

1. numangal

numangal

Hi, I'm new to linux so please help

When installing banshee via

# sudo yum install banshee

I get the following errors

Transaction Check Error:
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Internet.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1608.mcs_patched
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Settings.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1608.mcs_patched

I have absolutely no idea how to resolve this

numangal, Dec 12, 2008
  2. numangal

fonk373ams

hey!
    yep, had the same issue but Macles went through this too and explain in Tip#3 how to resolve that. Pretty easy to do, Banshee now runs fine on the AA1:

#3 gnome-menus
    This depedency problem is triggered via f-spot or evolution, displaying the following error.

file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Internet.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1522.no_spot.mcs_patched
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Settings.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1522.no_spot.mcs_patched

It's fairly easy to fix. Just download gnome-menus and redhat-menus and force their installation. Then restore the original content of the conflicting files.

sudo yum install yum-utils
    sudo yumdownloader gnome-menus redhat-menus
    cp /usr/share/desktop-directories/* .
    sudo rpm -U --force gnome*rpm redhat*rpm
    sudo mv *directory /usr/share/desktop-directories

Cheers

fonk373ams, Dec 23, 2008
  3. numangal

fonk373ams

Ask a Question