evolution

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ARC, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ARC

ARC

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. been looking on the forums and can not see an answer to this, but I know it must not be a problem as other people are using evolution. I installed it, but I can not see the bottom of the screen. So can't see the boxes that say cancel, back and forward.
    So I can not set this up. Already installed thunderbird, which is what I use on my pc, but this appears to be a popular choice so I thought I would give it a try. I already removed the acer mail software, as I really did not like it.
    regards
    ARC

ARC, Aug 29, 2008
  2. ARC

Guest Guest

Do you mean that you can't scroll down?

Guest, Aug 30, 2008
  3. ARC

ARC

Yes,but I still set it up. now I can not create new mail, get gtkhtml error. Also do you know if it is possible to have separate account mail to to separate folders.
    I used thunderbird at the moment, which I think is very good, but I would like to sync address with my palm treo, don't think thunder bird can do this.

Regards
    :?

ARC, Aug 31, 2008
  4. ARC

dreniac

A good explanation to install is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1557
    Move the "big" windows using ALT+Mousclick till the buttons are available.

gtkhtml error occurs when trying to open, edit or new HTML based E-Mail. Its the HTML rendering/editing library which can be installed with package manager:
    3.18.3 Version should work with Evolution 2.22.x (that can be installed with Package Manager too)

Next problem is how to get the Toolbar Icons smaller (just like in FireFox). According to Evolution FAQ this is a Gnome wide setting, but this is missing on Linpus....
    Source: http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can ... toolbar.3F

Anybody knows how to change this?

dreniac, Sep 3, 2008
  5. ARC

dreniac

Yes you can, however not that easy as with Thunderbird. You have to setup several accounts. Then create folders for each account.
    After this you need to setup a filter for each accounts that moves email according to your account to the correct folder.

Be aware not to receive emails until this is setup. Otherwise all emails will appear in the standard inbox.
    It is still possible to run the filter on already received mail though, just like in Outlook, but better to avoid the hassle ;)

http://www.linux.com/articles/113968

BTW IMAP accounts have their own folder, so no problem here. Above is only for POP3. I am using both and have 4 Accounts setup succesfully and also checked to leave the messages on the POP3 Server.

dreniac, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question