EWF & FBWF and Suspend-To-Disk

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ostkamp, Nov 28, 2008.

1. ostkamp

ostkamp

Hello,

I've noticed the threads dealing with FBWF, EWF and other Ramdisks.

Can somebody who is using this please let me know how this might interfere with Suspend-To-Disk functionality?

I'm currently using suspend-to-disk regularly because it costs much less time than a new reboot but on the other hand it does not cost battery power like standby mode.

I fear that with EWF or FBWF being active it might become impossible to save the memory image to SSD.

Some more questions:

Which of the two is better EWF or FBWF?

Should an additional separate RAMdisk for TEMP files be used despite having EWF or FBWF activated?

Should a separate Pagefile be setup on additional SD-Card which is not affected by EWF or FBWF?

Thanks for your hints.

Regards

Guido

ostkamp, Nov 28, 2008
  2. ostkamp

ostkamp

I haven't got any response from someone else yet, but tried EWF myself. I think I've found out that Suspend-To-Disk still works with EWF since the writing of the memory image is not going to RAM but to SSD, though the pagefile is located on drive C:.

Regards

Guido

ostkamp, Nov 30, 2008
  3. ostkamp

sincitylife

:mrgreen: I use EWF mode and have all my writes made onto my SSDHC slots or USB stick. I like the idea that I can't automatically write directly to my C: Drive...so I never hafta worry about viruses or bad installs or registry corruption.

sincitylife, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question