ewf on windows 7 ??

Discussion in 'Windows' started by erez1012, Jan 15, 2009.

1. erez1012

erez1012

anyone try ??

erez1012, Jan 15, 2009
  2. erez1012

jackluo923

I'd suggest you not installing windows 7 on your netbook. Windows 7 is still in beta release and it's meant for professionals to test the operating system.

Applying EWF on windows 7 will not give you better performance because it's already optimized for SSD. Applying EWF will also limit the "experience" that you'll get from windows 7.

jackluo923, Jan 16, 2009
  3. erez1012

furiousgibbon

not true. Win7 might be optimised for SSD, but it doesn't mean that our crap SSDs are going to perform well enough.

I just applied EWF to Windows 7 and it's now QUICK. I'm talking Linpus quick here. Shutdown takes around 5 seconds, compared to minutes (obviously losing changes to the SSD but an SDHC can cater for my files). Startup takes the same time as before (around a minute), but it's IMMEDIATELY usable with no frustrating disk access for the first few minutes. No more random waits and unresponsiveness while the SSD does its thing in the middle of a browsing session. EWF is the only way we're gonna get a decent Win7 'experience' on these SSDs.

furiousgibbon, Jan 17, 2009
Ask a Question