Experience with WINE and small non-network exes

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by keksler, Oct 25, 2008.

1. keksler

keksler

Hi,
    has anyone tried WINE on AA1?

I thinking about to run some formerly CD-based training programs on my netbook but don't know whether it will work.

keksler, Oct 25, 2008
  2. keksler

melhiore

melhiore, Oct 25, 2008
  3. keksler

keksler

Thank you for this collection, especially the third thread. Even though none of them discuss experiences. Nevertheless I will continue to search. ;)

Regards,
    keksler

keksler, Oct 25, 2008
  4. keksler

Phil_Urich

Umm well WINE doesn't work particularly differently on Linpus than other systems, your best bet is WINE's site itself, http://www.winehq.org/, and http://appdb.winehq.org/ has a particularly comprehensive list of experiences running WINE with different apps!

Furthermore, modern WINE will do some pretty amazing things. On my main computer it ran SPORE with no needed tweaks, right out of the box, and games are a lot harder to get to run than most applications. So unless the programs you're planning on running were programmed in some particularly unfortunate way, chances are very, very good that they'll run in WINE, at least 50/50.

Furthermore, if you're having issues feel free to post (I'd think "Software -Linux" would be a better place in this forum to post it, though) and people can give you some help and/or suggestions to get things working :) (plus if you run the programs from a terminal, and something fails, you can usually find an error message that's google-searchable).

Phil_Urich, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question