External monitor... (fn f4) not working

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ehodgso, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ehodgso

ehodgso

Can anyone tell me why my fn f4 does not work? when I hit fn and f4 together, nothing happens. I should get an output to my monitor, and the second time I do it, I shold get a blank screen and monitor output, But it is like nothing happens.

any help would be appreciated.

The reason I ask, is because I purchased a GPS dongle, and am having trouble linking it to my deLorme program. I get an oversized screen, and can not get to the functions that enable it. so I thought to use the external monitor and maybe get a larger view..... changing the screen resolution didn't work either... but I can't get an external monitor toggle.

gene

ehodgso, Nov 16, 2008
  2. ehodgso

rbil

You might try just moving the window around so you can see the bottom of it. Holding the left ALT key down as you drag the window around with your mouse.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 16, 2008
  3. ehodgso

Duncan_Rowland

I think it's Fn+F5 (unless that's a typo?)
    And this willl only work when the external monitor is plugged in.

Duncan_Rowland, Nov 16, 2008
  4. ehodgso

ehodgso

OK, thanks for the help.... I got the monitor function to work... it's a little different than my HP.... I have to hold the fn key a little longer to get the option box.... then keep tapping the f4 key to select the mode. The user manual is kind of sparse. I was also getting some hangups trying to run the GPS USB Dongle and DeLorme together..... blank screen and no response from any commands...., until I held the on/off key for a few seconds, which evidently is the emergency off, then a restart cleared it up.

I also got my GPS and DeLorme to work. I took some gyrations running the AGPS viewer, finding the COM port that it took, and setting the correct baud rate in the deLorme options menu....
    I tried moving the window, and when I let up on the alt key, the window goes back to the original position. The AGPS tool, and GPS Viewer software that came with the GPS needs some tweaking for a small screen I guess. I'll keep trying to figure out how to see the whole screen on that program. Maybe the GPS USB Dongle company has a help site.

And I think this AAO computer is really neat. I had a Libretto 110 for a few years, until it just became to limited to run the newer software. I just need to keep my reading glasses with me all the time.
    gene

ehodgso, Nov 17, 2008
Ask a Question