External monitor resoluition problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by CJHonster, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CJHonster

CJHonster

Hi, i have acer aspire one 751h and I need connect it via VGA to my LGF 37LH4000 tv which is 1920x1080-Ive connected itm but my biggest resolution is 1024x768, but I need get there 1920x1080 or some similar
    I have win XP
    please help and sorry for my english :)

CJHonster, Jul 23, 2010
  2. CJHonster

Swarvey Moderator

The LG site lists a "High Resolution Pack" for your TV in their support section. It's a download. Probably something in there to get you a higher resolution.

Here's the link to the High-Res Pack
    and the link to the LG site for your TV

Swarvey, Jul 23, 2010
  3. CJHonster

CJHonster

thanx for comment, but I doesnt need hires pictures OF tv, but I need get hiresolution "resolution" on tv - not have there 800x600, but I need 1920x1080

CJHonster, Jul 29, 2010
  4. CJHonster

Swarvey Moderator

Ahh okay, bugger. The way the website was worded I thought that ZIP might contain a driver for the TV to obtain the higher resolutions. It wouldnt' be the first time I've needed to install a driver for a monitor (or TV) to get the higher resolutions. Come to think of it, it seems pretty silly to have high-resolution photos of their TV in the "support" section...

When it's plugged into your AAO, does it list the proper name for the TV under device manager / resolution settings?

Swarvey, Jul 29, 2010
  5. CJHonster

CJHonster

no it doesnt it just show "Other plug and play devices"

CJHonster, Aug 3, 2010
  6. CJHonster

Swarvey Moderator

I've just spend about half an hour going thru the product manual for your TV. I couldn't find anything at all that would help in this scenario, your best bet is probably to contact LG and ask them what is going on.

It could also be a limitation of your netbooks graphics chipset, but I doubt that at this point in time.

Swarvey, Aug 3, 2010
  7. CJHonster

CJHonster

yes its limit in my AAO, but GMA 500 involbe resolution bigger than 1920x1080 so maybe if someone have AAo 751h and have XP, could help

CJHonster, Aug 4, 2010
  8. CJHonster

Swarvey Moderator

One thing to remember, is the AAO will only display a resolution that your TV/LCD/Monitor reports it can handle. So chances are it's more your TV's fault (or the driver the AAO has installed for it)

If it is a limitation of the chipset in the netbook, then there's nothing you can do. A hardware limitation is a hardware limitation. You may find a tweaked driver that will enable higher res.

Swarvey, Aug 4, 2010
  9. CJHonster

CJHonster

yeah I need tweaked driver bc lot of people have 24" monitor with 1920x1080 AAO751h and its work for them, but they have driver for monitor or win7 which enable custom resolution

CJHonster, Aug 7, 2010
Ask a Question