External Monitor Resolution Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dsmasters, Nov 5, 2008.

1. dsmasters

dsmasters

Seriously, I don't know if this is a AAO issue or a Windows XP issue. Here is what is happening -

I have my AAO plugged in via VGA into my 22" Westinghouse monitor. The optimum resolution for this monitor is 1680 x 1050 which the AAO handles quite well (better then my 13" MacBook in fact). Anyway, when I log into my account or my wife's account it is 1680 x 1050 but as the initial programs load up the 22" monitor will go dark and then come back at 1600 x 1200 which gives me black borders on the side of the monitor and makes me scroll to see the top and bottom of the screen. I setup a "Scheme" in the video card control program from Intel and if I select that scheme it loads back into 1680 x 1050.

I have tried unplugging the monitor and restarting with it plugged in and with it unplugged. I have also tried unistalling the monitor in the hardware manager as well.

Can someone help? This is driving me crazy. I just want it to load 1680 x 1050 when it starts up and then stay that way.

dsmasters, Nov 5, 2008
  2. dsmasters

dsmasters

bump. Anyone?

dsmasters, Dec 9, 2008
  3. dsmasters

Sniper257

I think removing the intel graphics app from the startup should do. Press start then run and type in msconfig. Go over to the startup tab and uncheck the box that says something like igfx...exe I don't remember it by heart. Click Ok and click exit without restart. Log out of your windows account and then back in, a box should come up. Check the box to never come up again and then click close.

Sniper257, Dec 16, 2008
  4. dsmasters

petrum

Hi,

My issue is different, but I'm going to ask your opinion since it looks like I've done a similar experiment with yours: I was connecting my 22' Dell external monitor to the AAO VGA output (using the monitor's native resolution 1680 x 1050), but the image looks a little fuzzy.
    The image is very sharp when connecting the monitor to my desktop, so I believe the monitor's quality is just fine.
    Also the image on the netbook' screen (1024 x 600) is very sharp.

I was just wondering if the blurry image is something expected from a netbook when using an increased resolution, or I've got a broken one.

Regards,
    Petru

petrum, Dec 18, 2008
  5. dsmasters

PhyrePhox

The output won't be blurry because you are using a netbook. Intel graphics chips work the same no matter how much you spent for them.

Double-check that the external display is actually displaying at it's native resolution. With LCD monitors, any resolution other than native will be fuzzy.

PhyrePhox, Dec 18, 2008
  6. dsmasters

scooterlord

what graphic driver are you using and you have the 1680x1050 option available? where can I get it?

scooterlord, Jan 1, 2009
  7. dsmasters

GvidoR

Look in Intel website under Graphics Drivers Downloads - there you will find the newest display drivers. Acer support website has an older VGA driver so, this should work.
    This is what you want to get : Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family.

GvidoR, Jan 1, 2009
  8. dsmasters

scooterlord

i have those drivers already and still no luck... do you have your aa1 connected to the screen using a vga cable or vga-to-dvi? I am using vga cable...

scooterlord, Jan 2, 2009
  9. dsmasters

closetome

Under youtube search. Type: "MSI wind external monitor" - you'll come upon how to hook up to an external monitor and change the resolution. Good Luck.

closetome, Jan 4, 2009
  10. dsmasters

jackluo923

first of all enable hotkeys in the intel accerlator driver thing and press ctrl + alt+ f11 (default of pannel fitting)
    then enable "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" option under display proerpties-> settings-> advanced-> monitor

jackluo923, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question