EZMove not working

Discussion in 'Linux' started by pablo2340, Dec 6, 2008.

1. pablo2340

pablo2340

EZMove not working

I have had my AAO for just one week, and really like it. However I have run across a peculiar probem. Last week, EZMove seemed to work for me (though I see that some people have experienced some difficulties after using it), whereas now it refuses to work. If I try to run it from the right-click menu, nothing happens; if I try to run it within Terminal, I get the message:

Cany anyone explain or help?

pablo2340, Dec 6, 2008
  2. pablo2340

fizikz

I've seen that error before, but closing thunar and then trying again often works for me. I should mention that it takes quite a long time for EZMove to show up, and if I click multiple times, it gets worse since multiple instances of the program show up. However, it is working for me, despite having seen that error on a few occasions.

fizikz, Dec 27, 2008
  3. pablo2340

pablo2340

Thanks. I've just been trying it again, and have noticed a number of things:
    1. Although EZMove appears as an item in the System section of the xfce menu, it won't start from there, but only from within the Thunar File manager.
    2. If the File Manager is in the Advanced view mode, EZMove is greyed out, so it will work only when File Manager is in Standard view mode.
    3. EZMove does not show any individual files, but only folders, and so you can move only complete folders or sub-folders - you can exclude a sub-folder when selecting a move...
    Rather strange behaviour! But I suppose it IS only to deal with the built in storage/expanded SD storage situation...
    Thanks, any way - at least now I have got it working!

pablo2340, Dec 28, 2008
Ask a Question