Fabled slip cover for 6-cell Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by captain semtex, Aug 28, 2008.

1. captain semtex

captain semtex

Do you have an Aspire One that came with a 6-cell battery? Does your slip cover fit? If so can you please tell me the part number printed on the plastic bag that the slip cover was packaged in?

My 6-cell battery Aspire One came with the standard slip cover that does not fit. I have called Acer USA twice and both strongly denied that Acer had a slip cover for 6-cell Aspire Ones.... but I know from other posts that they do.

Many thanks for your help.

captain semtex, Aug 28, 2008
  2. captain semtex

Guest Guest

I got a 6 cell Aspire one in Australia and it came with the slip for the 3 cell battery.
    What I did was I got a small sheet of Neoprene rubber and cut it into a sheet.
    Then after i fold it over, sew up the seams and you have a quick and easy slip cover.

Guest, Aug 29, 2008
  3. captain semtex

blackjack

I laud your ingenuity, but I also think we should send your post to Acer with a note saying, "What the heck is wrong with your company? Your 6-cell slip case laziness has forced computer geeks to become seamstresses!" :evil: :lol:

blackjack, Aug 29, 2008
  4. captain semtex

Guest Guest

Yeah :)
    I'm not complaining though I got a 6 cell battery and I was expecting a 3 celler !
    When I opened the box i was like :mrgreen:

All you need to do is measure a sheet of neoprene by folding it over the AA1, add some material for the width of the AA1, Cut.
    Sew up the sides, I used Spectra Braid for this (good ole fishing line) and then u turn it inside out to hide the sewing.

Slips are coming out for the Netbooks right now though, I saw a Neoprene one designed for a Eee 901 and it fit the AA1 no problems.

Guest, Aug 29, 2008
  5. captain semtex

stygiansonic

I ordered a 6-cell version on the 20th of August (received it shortly after) and it came with the proper case/cover/slip for 6-cell units. That is, the cover opened on the long side. It fits well, but the actual cover is nothing to write home about. I'd much rather have a nice neoprene sleeve for it.

stygiansonic, Aug 30, 2008
  6. captain semtex

ineedaname

I have a 3cell 120gb version and it has a slip cover that will fit the 6cell.

I personally prefer the original slip cover more because its more secure for the 3cell.
    I even bought it from BC so they definitely have it where u live.

Just look around and I'm sure there would b someone who doesn't mind swapping with u.
    I'd swap with u but i'm not in BC.

ineedaname, Aug 30, 2008
  7. captain semtex

stygiansonic

Sorry, I didn't fully read your post - here are the numbers on the plastic bag for the 6-cell cover:

LZ.23800.005
    JXZG5013010-3B

stygiansonic, Aug 30, 2008
  8. captain semtex

zakfontaine

Where did you guys order these from? I'm interested in upgrading to a 6 cell, but I'd like to still have a sleeve without sewing ;)

zakfontaine, Aug 30, 2008
  9. captain semtex

glitcher

I bought the 6 cell version... And Got the the "too small Slip Cover". I went to the store where I bought it (future Shop) and they tell me to choose any carrying case of my choice...( I choose a 75$ Case, that fit perfectly the computer... and even more!!!)
    The manager told me it is OK, and don't need to pay for it ! :) That's a store i'm expecting to use again!

glitcher, Aug 31, 2008
  10. captain semtex

midgetdiablo

midgetdiablo, Sep 1, 2008
  11. captain semtex

captain semtex

Unfortunately I have to agree with your description midgetdiablo. Three phone calls to 3 separate support people at the dedicated Acer Aspire One support number in the USA and they all said the same thing. Even though I gave the part number they said they cannot replace the case because it is not a stock part (ie it doesn't exist!). However they were able to send me a replacement cover for the "3G module" on the underside of the Aspire One!! :evil:

So it's back to Future Shop for a refund and instead I'll get the 6 cell hard drive version with Windows. Unfortunately that one is blue... but at least the case will fit. Thanks everyone for your help.

captain semtex, Sep 6, 2008
  12. captain semtex

NielsenSan

Hi.

If you don't mind spending a few dollars on the Acer Accessory Neoprene slip/cover here's the partnumber:

P9.0514C.A32

I bought one and it's a much better protection than the slip cover that came with my AAO.

NielsenSan, Oct 27, 2008
  13. captain semtex

rogue9

I ordered a 6 cell/160GB unit and it didn't come with ANY slip cover... still looking for one :(

rogue9, Oct 28, 2008
  14. captain semtex

captain semtex

The 6-cell cover does exist. I returned my 6-cell Linux based AspireOne (which came with the 3-cell slip cover) and replaced it with a 6-cell 160Gb Windows AspireOne and this *did* come with the correct slip cover :D

(Aside: Mine new AspireOne is Onyx Black which looks great... but is a finger print magnet!)

captain semtex, Oct 28, 2008
  15. captain semtex

SlCKB0Y

you wasted that much time and effort- making three phone calls and taking your computer back for the sake of a pathetic quality, very thin cover worth $2?

*sigh*

SlCKB0Y, Nov 2, 2008
  16. captain semtex

rogue9

I got tired of searching for a sleeve... I was in BestBuy and found this
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3815933224

This fits the One and the ext DVD drive (w/ both adapters) like a glove and also has 2 slip pockts on either side for whatever you can squeeze into them....

rogue9, Nov 3, 2008
  17. captain semtex

fortunz

Mine just came, also no slip cover :|

6 cell, 160gb black

fortunz, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question