Fan Running Constantly - AO532h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Leaf, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Leaf

Leaf

Hello to the Acer community. My old laptop recently broke down and I figured it was time to try something new and a little more portable for work. This little device took some getting used to but I think it's grown on me within the seven days I've had it. That is of course until I got home to my pin drop quiet apartment tonight and was finally able to get a good listen at the internals working.

I find it hard to believe I missed this before. I guess the irony is I informed my neighbour that him running his A/C fan 24/7 is quite annoying. Only to come home tonight to his A/C not running but in turn having my own annoying fan problems. I understand the fan has to run every so often but this thing isn't stopping. I installed the AA1 Fan Control and I'm not sure if I'm setting it right but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It says my CPU is 102-C and Fan on 70-C. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have so many days left to exchange it.

I also noticed as I was typing this that around the n/j/m key area there is a slight sound triggered every once and a while. Maybe depending on pressure though I'm not typing to hard. Anyone else notice this?

Leaf, Jul 30, 2010
  2. Leaf

bluevolume

Therapy?

bluevolume, Jul 30, 2010
  3. Leaf

Forone

I've been happy running A1ctl for getting onto two years:

http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/

Can't speak to newer models - I found the "final" version 1.0 didn't work on my AOA-150 so went back to version 0.4, which works great on it: used the ACPIEC button, both throttling settings to "Dynamic", set Stop 52, start 56, auto 65.

Generally it idles between 54-57 and never goes above a soft whir at half speed. (Obviously, these "temperature" readings are all specific to the particular software and don't translate to any other.) It's been a great machine.

Forone, Jul 30, 2010
Ask a Question